Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tazmaniac

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 10, 2010
UK
Anyone any idea how I can get Quicktime 7 onto my 11.6" Air without going out and getting a copy of 10.6 on DVD?

WardC

macrumors 68030
Oct 17, 2007
Fort Worth, TX
I believe it does. QuickTime 7 was replaced by QuickTime X with Snow Leopard, but the old version of QuickTime 7 is still compatible with Snow Leopard, for those that need its extra features like Video conversion, Audio Editing, Clip Editing, etc.

I don't think there is a QuickTime X Pro version out yet, and I was pretty pissed that Apple took away all the great features of QT 7 Pro from QuickTime X in Snow Leopard. So much is missing.

Tazmaniac

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 10, 2010
UK
Thanks, Finally found the download rather than just the support page...

Thought about using the restore stick, but didn't want to end up restoring my little monster as I've now got it how I want...

Don't like QuicktimeX and I find some files don't play on that so wanted to go back to 7 with Flip4Mac.

Buckaroo

macrumors member
Dec 7, 2003
California
I know Quicktime can be installed, I did it with my first 11.6

Now with a replacement, I'm trying to remember how I finally got it installed.

You mentioned that you found the installer, but you didn't share with the rest of us where you found it.

Please let us know. I need it.

BTW, I checked the restore stick and I could not find it in Customize. I stopped there so I don't know if it was anywhere else.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.