PDA

View Full Version : MobileMe Family Pack: Device Management?

sanPietro98
Nov 1, 2010, 08:01 AM
On MobileMe, you can manage iOS devices using: Find my iPhone, Remote Wipe, Display a message, etc.

If you setup a Family Pack, can the "master" account holder perform these functions on iOS devices connected to sub-accounts?

For instance, if my kid has a sub-account and has an iPhone, can I (as the "master" account holder), send a message to her iPhone or use the location service on her iPhone? Or will it only work on on my iOS devices?

Additionally, will Back to my Mac work with the sub-accounts too? This would make remote tech-support much easier for family members.

Thanks in advance.

wraithlabs
Nov 2, 2010, 10:56 AM
On MobileMe, you can manage iOS devices using: Find my iPhone, Remote Wipe, Display a message, etc.

If you setup a Family Pack, can the "master" account holder perform these functions on iOS devices connected to sub-accounts?

For instance, if my kid has a sub-account and has an iPhone, can I (as the "master" account holder), send a message to her iPhone or use the location service on her iPhone? Or will it only work on on my iOS devices?

Additionally, will Back to my Mac work with the sub-accounts too? This would make remote tech-support much easier for family members.

Thanks in advance.

There is no device manager functionality built into MobileMe (yet). You would have to know the username and password for each individual account, and log in individually to do tracking or any other MobileMe service. Back to my Mac works the same way. However, if you are all using Macs and are all in the same household, you can enable screen sharing one each computer and allow your account access on each machine. Then you can use Finder and click on the remote machine then "screen sharing" to connect. LogMeIn or Apple Remote Desktop works as well.