Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Red-Biff

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 16, 2008
London
Hello all,

On friday i deleted 3 emails from my MobileMe account on my iPhone. In response to this it wiped all 5000 emails from my mac, online, iPhone and iPad. No sign of them in trash either. They've just disappeared

Have notified apple and of course not heard anything back.

I really need to get them back.

Any ideas??

Ta

R

flynz4

macrumors 68040
Aug 9, 2009
Portland, OR
Hello all,

On friday i deleted 3 emails from my MobileMe account on my iPhone. In response to this it wiped all 5000 emails from my mac, online, iPhone and iPad. No sign of them in trash either. They've just disagreed

Have notified apple and of course not heard anything back.

I really need to get them back.

Any ideas??

Ta

R
Have you called Apple and talked with a human? I would try that.

One thing that I have done to protect myself from such an issue is to create a gmail account that I use just for archive of all me email. When any email enters my Mobile Me account, a copy gets forwarded to my "archive" account where it is stored permanently.

/Jim

theinstructor

macrumors regular
Jul 13, 2007
My sent items with over 2 years of stuff all disappeared the other day. I am not sure if it was due to me deleting something from my iPhone or not but since I only access it via my iPhone, I have no idea how that could have happened. I spoke to Apple, they did a restore and it only brought back my mail sent after October 24. Totally pissed off...:mad:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.