PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Frameworks?

Blakeasd
Nov 1, 2010, 07:17 PM
Hello Everyone!
I was curious to see what everyone's favorite Objective-C frameworks were.
Mine is a framework as well as a Interface Builder Plugin. It is BWToolkit.
Please reply with your favorite framework.

chown33
Nov 1, 2010, 07:50 PM
Foundation.

jared_kipe
Nov 2, 2010, 09:03 AM
CoreFoundation & CoreGraphics? But it isn't really Objective-C

CoreAnimation, specifically the iOS implementation
CocoaTouch

Obviously chown got the best one! :D

Cromulent
Nov 2, 2010, 10:46 AM
Answering in the spirit the question intended I have to say JSON Framework because I use JSON quite a bit and it does what it says it does.

Although I still tend to do more stuff in C than in Objective-C.

jared_kipe
Nov 2, 2010, 11:02 AM
Answering in the spirit the question intended I have to say JSON Framework because I use JSON quite a bit and it does what it says it does.

Although I still tend to do more stuff in C than in Objective-C.

I think the spirit of the question was Objective-C frameworks. Also, I'm not 100% sure JSON counts as a framework, jQuery maybe, but not just JSON alone.

I've never used them directly, but I have looked at the OmniFoundation stuff before.

Cromulent
Nov 2, 2010, 11:20 AM
I think the spirit of the question was Objective-C frameworks. Also, I'm not 100% sure JSON counts as a framework, jQuery maybe, but not just JSON alone.

I've never used them directly, but I have looked at the OmniFoundation stuff before.

No ****? JSON Framework is an Objective-C framework called, guess what? JSON Framework (http://code.google.com/p/json-framework/). Clever huh?

jared_kipe
Nov 2, 2010, 11:54 AM
No ****? JSON Framework is an Objective-C framework called, guess what? JSON Framework (http://code.google.com/p/json-framework/). Clever huh?

Ahh, I see now. I had only heard of TouchJSON and CocoaJSON

kainjow
Nov 2, 2010, 08:26 PM
If I had to pick one, I'd say CoreGraphics. It's always a fun challenge to make something look nice without using images.

Side note: I really hate when bitmap images are used for UIs when the same thing could be done with a few lines of code. Apple does this all the time.

Blakeasd
Nov 9, 2010, 03:34 PM
What 3rd party frameworks do you like?