PDA

View Full Version : Calender not pushing

garethjs
Nov 2, 2010, 07:49 AM
As of the last 2 days calender has stopped pushing changes. Contacts/bookmarks all push perfectly.

iCal pushes up to the cloud
iPhone/iPad pushes up to the cloud

but nothing from the cloud pushes down.

So whatever I add to the iphone and ipad doesn't appear on ical (macbook) until I close & open the app on the macbook.

And whatever I add to ical (macbook) doesn't appear on the ipad/iphone until I close and open the respective iDevice app.

I tried adding something through www.me.com's calender and still it refuses to push. Only by opening/closing the calender apps do I get the info to appear.

Anyone else?

Playgear
Nov 3, 2010, 03:39 AM
As of the last 2 days calender has stopped pushing changes. Contacts/bookmarks all push perfectly.

iCal pushes up to the cloud
iPhone/iPad pushes up to the cloud

but nothing from the cloud pushes down.

So whatever I add to the iphone and ipad doesn't appear on ical (macbook) until I close & open the app on the macbook.

And whatever I add to ical (macbook) doesn't appear on the ipad/iphone until I close and open the respective iDevice app.

I tried adding something through www.me.com's calender and still it refuses to push. Only by opening/closing the calender apps do I get the info to appear.

Anyone else?

I'm experiencing this and more.

Most of my issues are with iCal. I can create an event in there (from my iMac), name it and provide a location, but the location and name are not pushed to my iPhone. So on my phone I see 'New Event' with no location or any information at all apart from the times. But if I open up iCal on my MacBook Pro, the event is fine. Just on my phone and MobileMe web, there is no information. Very strange...

garethjs
Nov 3, 2010, 06:33 AM
There was a maintenance session today but it hasn't fixed it. Both my mum, sister and fiancÚ is on MobileMe (individual accounts). All have the exact same issue.

The cloud refuses to push calender changes.

So it can't be just a coincidence.

garethjs
Nov 5, 2010, 10:11 PM
According to this thread, calender sync is no longer push but rather manual sync.

If that's true then the move to caldev has been 1 step forward and 2 steps backwards.

I now have to add items to ical and have to physical opening my iphone and ipad apps to have it sync.

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=2632052&tstart=60

riko
Nov 10, 2010, 03:48 AM
I am having exactly the same issues. Nothing seems to push down from the cloud unless I refresh in ical or open the calendar app on my iPhone (i meet all the requirements for new calendar).

Push was working, I tested it not long after upgrading and events I created would push down in a minute or 2.

Has anyone managed to fix this issue?

garethjs
Nov 10, 2010, 08:05 AM
It was working off/on till about a week ago and it's been completely dead since.

tivoboy
Nov 10, 2010, 09:20 AM
I THINK that push is totally OFF now with the new caldav calendar format. There was something on the mobileme support site about this.

I have the question though. WHAT the HECK have they done with the calendaring. This was a great feature and now it just seems broken.

I HAD iCal syncing to MM to my iphone and ipad. Now, I have many extra calendars in iCal.

I HAD HOME, WORK, TRAVEL, and some subscribed calendars.

Now, I have HOME, WORK, TRAVEL (on my mac) and HOME, WORK, TRAVEL list at tivoboy@Mobileme.com, AND all the subscribed ones are NOW DOUBLE as well.

If I ADD something to my HOME, WORK, TRAVEL on my MAC in iCal, it doesn't seem to be syncing to MM anymore and doesn't SEEM to be syncing to my iphone/ipad anymore.

It would appears that I have to ONLY use the HOME,WORK,TRAVEL calendars in iCal, that are listed as the tivoboy@mobileme.com, basically turning off use of the ON MY MAC versions if I want to get calendars syncing with MM and my iphone.

That just does not make ANY sense. It really seems like one step forward (being able to see shared calendars on MM and iphone) but now having this whole ON MY MAC calendar systems and sycning BROKEN

Macsterguy
Nov 10, 2010, 11:35 AM
I THINK that push is totally OFF now with the new caldav calendar format. There was something on the mobileme support site about this.

I have the question though. WHAT the HECK have they done with the calendaring. This was a great feature and now it just seems broken.

I HAD iCal syncing to MM to my iphone and ipad. Now, I have many extra calendars in iCal.

I HAD HOME, WORK, TRAVEL, and some subscribed calendars.

Now, I have HOME, WORK, TRAVEL (on my mac) and HOME, WORK, TRAVEL list at tivoboy@Mobileme.com, AND all the subscribed ones are NOW DOUBLE as well.

If I ADD something to my HOME, WORK, TRAVEL on my MAC in iCal, it doesn't seem to be syncing to MM anymore and doesn't SEEM to be syncing to my iphone/ipad anymore.

It would appears that I have to ONLY use the HOME,WORK,TRAVEL calendars in iCal, that are listed as the tivoboy@mobileme.com, basically turning off use of the ON MY MAC versions if I want to get calendars syncing with MM and my iphone.

That just does not make ANY sense. It really seems like one step forward (being able to see shared calendars on MM and iphone) but now having this whole ON MY MAC calendar systems and sycning BROKEN

See this to fix your duplicate calendars: http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3505

Macsterguy
Nov 10, 2010, 11:41 AM
Same thing here...

There is an option / work around. Instead of closing then launching iCal you can refresh your calendars (manually sync them) by hitting:

Shift / command / R - for all calendars
Command / R - for individual calendars

* Or go to the Calendar drop down in your menu bar while iCal is running and select - Refresh -or- Refresh all...

It's a little faster but Apple needs to fix this.

tivoboy
Nov 10, 2010, 12:10 PM
one must realize now, that moving AWAY from mobileme is going to be much harder. There is no longer then the easy ability to ARCHIVE the CalDav calendars. So, moving to ON MY MAC again is going to be harder

stlsot
Nov 10, 2010, 06:58 PM
I had major melt down re: ical a couple days ago. Long story short, Apple techs made sure I changed all prefs/settings (ipad, mini, iphone, macbook) from username@mac.com to username@me.com. Somehow, all idevices are syncing and pushing correctly!:D I previously had a mix of mac.com and me.com As a result, had "server not recognized" errors.

Playgear
Nov 10, 2010, 07:40 PM
Just noticed that today (without any effort or changes on my part) that MobileMe is now PUSHING calendar data again! :apple:

Edit - Probably something to do with:

Maintenance - 11/9/2010, 22:00-23:30 PT
Due to scheduled maintenance, MobileMe members may have been unable to start their upgrade to the new Calendar. Members who had already started the upgrade process may not have received an email notification when their upgrade was complete. Normal service has been restored. We apologize for any inconvenience.

garethjs
Nov 11, 2010, 06:26 AM
Yes after rebooting my iPad n iPhone I can say that calendar started pushing again. But how long for we shall see.

I'm not sure about iCal on the MacBook. I'll try it once I'm home n report.

garethjs
Nov 11, 2010, 06:49 AM
Great new problem now. Perhaps with iOS but calendar invites are not registering as invites.

Friends send me an event invite

Past behavior
Invite received
Mail pushed to idevice saying I have an invite (totally redundant) n to open calendar.
Calendar alerts with event popup
Calendar badge + 1
open calendar.app shows invites in invitation box

Now
Invite received
Mail pushed to device
No calendar alert
No badge
Open calendar app, item in grey but in invitation box no items.

So basically iOS 4.2 is not recognizing MobileMe invitations as invitations.

EDIT: Yes ical now pushing as well.

tivoboy
Nov 11, 2010, 11:02 AM
which calendar do you all use? Is it JUST the xyz@mobileme.com one, or are you using the one that is "ON MY MAC"

garethjs
Nov 12, 2010, 03:59 AM
LOL. Yes it lasted just 24hrs. It has stopped pushing now again.

CaTOAGU
Nov 12, 2010, 04:48 AM

I've got the same symptoms here. It was pushing yesterday, now it's stopped again. Of course this has happened just after I'd emailed the senior MobileMe rep that my case had been escalated to and told him that the problem had resolved itself.

CaTOAGU
Nov 12, 2010, 05:45 AM
which calendar do you all use? Is it JUST the xyz@mobileme.com one, or are you using the one that is "ON MY MAC"

I'm using ***@me.com. After upgrading to the new calendar these are the only ones that will sync AFAIK. Unfortunately although they're syncing they are not getting changes pushed to them from the cloud.

Playgear
Nov 12, 2010, 05:47 AM

I've got the same symptoms here. It was pushing yesterday, now it's stopped again. Of course this has happened just after I'd emailed the senior MobileMe rep that my case had been escalated to and told him that the problem had resolved itself.

Ugh, I know right :/ Disappointing, but hardly surprising.

garethjs
Nov 12, 2010, 05:30 PM
Started pushing again.

Playgear
Nov 12, 2010, 10:24 PM
Started pushing again.

Mine pushes during the day, but not after about 9:30PM AEDT (GMT+11)

Maybe it will stay this time?

garethjs
Nov 12, 2010, 11:23 PM
It's pushing well for the last few hours and they've even fixed the invitation bug and I found out when someone sent me an invite which popped up on both the ipad and iphone. Also accepting/declining the invitation on any device (ipad,iphone,mac os, web) syncs across and calender.app badge disappears.

Let's hope it stays this way.

Now if only the mail.app behaved the same way and reading mail on one device sent an updated badge count to the other devices.

Playgear
Nov 13, 2010, 12:06 AM
Now if only the mail.app behaved the same way and reading mail on one device sent an updated badge count to the other devices.

Remember this is MobileMe you're talking about ;)

Playgear
Nov 13, 2010, 06:49 AM
Well, it's 11:47 PM here in Sydney, AU and surprisingly, MobileMe is still pushing away :)

garethjs
Nov 13, 2010, 05:50 PM
It's stopped pushing down to the idevices but from the idevices it's syncing to the cloud.

So everything is going to my imac but nothing is going from my imac to my iphone.

Playgear
Nov 13, 2010, 06:51 PM
It's stopped pushing down to the idevices but from the idevices it's syncing to the cloud.

So everything is going to my imac but nothing is going from my imac to my iphone.

Push to and from iDevices/iCal is working here.

garethjs
Nov 14, 2010, 04:13 AM
Ya it works after I reboot the ipad & iphone but for some reason after x hrs the connection to the ical server dies and the only thing to get it pushing again is to reboot the device.

I'm on Telstra which probably has the best data connectivity in the country.

Playgear
Nov 14, 2010, 04:57 AM
Ya it works after I reboot the ipad & iphone but for some reason after x hrs the connection to the ical server dies and the only thing to get it pushing again is to reboot the device.

I'm on Telstra which probably has the best data connectivity in the country.

Mine has worked fine all day. Just about to try again and see if it still is.

I am on Telstra too, but use Wi-Fi at home.

Edit: Yes, just tried it, still pushing here.

CaTOAGU
Nov 15, 2010, 01:51 PM
This seems strange. Events are only pushing to the iPhone if I have the calendar App open. Is this happening for anyone else?

garethjs
Nov 15, 2010, 05:38 PM
This seems strange. Events are only pushing to the iPhone if I have the calendar App open. Is this happening for anyone else?

It's not pushing at all now. I just restarted my devices n still no go.

The cal.me.com server can't handle much it would seem.

Playgear
Nov 15, 2010, 06:35 PM

This is ridiculous...

CaTOAGU
Nov 15, 2010, 07:25 PM

It seems extremely unreliable. What's worse is that there's no mention of any of this on the MobileMe status page.

garethjs
Nov 16, 2010, 02:53 AM
This is ridiculous...

Not working yet for u guys as well?

George Knighton
Nov 16, 2010, 06:23 AM
I was having a minor push problem...on and off, depending on the device I was using. There are several devices that use the same account, and there doesn't seem to be an easy way to consolidate the various calendars into one.

I've given up on consolidating the calendars...as long as they all coordinate and as long as there is enough memory for them, I suppose it's Apple's problem to keep up with them. When they wise up and give me an easy way to fix that, I'll fix it.

Anyway...my minor push problem seems to have been solved by resetting the password for the Apple ID associated with the MobileMe account.

Playgear
Nov 16, 2010, 06:24 AM
Not working yet for u guys as well?

Nope :(

garethjs
Nov 16, 2010, 07:41 AM
I've discovered a bug.

Add a calendar n let it sync

Now change the calendar group of the event (eg. Home to work).

Upon syncing a duplicate is created. Same event just one in the home group and one in the work group.

CaTOAGU
Nov 16, 2010, 09:34 AM
Ok in my experience this service is completely unreliable at the moment. I've left feedback at http://www.apple.com/feedback/mobileme.html using the calendar category. (Wasn't sure whether to use that or syncing). Would possibly be helpful if as many of us as possible did the same.

Feedback left as follows:

At the moment syncing/pushing between devices using the NEW calendar is completely unreliable. It is intermittently working then not working. This really needs sorting out as in it's current state it is not even a working platform let alone an upgrade.

Details:

When working:
- Syncing occurs as expected. Events created or edited on one device are pushed within minutes to other devices. No user action is required.

When not working:
- Events created on iCal may not push correctly to an iPhone. Either the event will not push at all or it will only sync either when the calendar an is already open or when the calendar app is opened in which case the event will be pulled from the cloud.

- Events created on the iPhone will not push to iCal unless either a manual refresh is performed or iCal is closed and opened again.

In the mean time I've downgraded to the original calendar. I'll try again in a few days if there's any sign of improvement.

garethjs
Nov 16, 2010, 07:25 PM
Its pushing again. I give it 12hrs.

Playgear
Nov 16, 2010, 07:53 PM
Its pushing again. I give it 12hrs.

You're being quite generous :p

But at least it's working for now.

Edit - 5:33PM AEDT - Push no longer working to iDevices. Between computers (iCal) is fine.
Knew it wouldn't last long :p

garethjs
Nov 17, 2010, 05:10 PM
It's still pushing for me right now though. Added an event at 9 on ical and it pushed the the idevices.

EDIT: It pushed to my iphone not the ipad.

CaTOAGU
Nov 17, 2010, 05:58 PM
It's still pushing for me right now though. Added an event at 9 on ical and it pushed the the idevices.

EDIT: It pushed to my iphone not the ipad.

I may be wrong but I think pushing new calendar changes to the iPad requires iOS 4.2.

RMXO
Nov 18, 2010, 12:56 AM
Mine started pushing again. Not sure when it started again but it wouldn't for the longest time.

riko
Nov 18, 2010, 02:16 AM
I may be wrong but I think pushing new calendar changes to the iPad requires iOS 4.2.

Yep, you need 4.2 to get push updates to the iPad. Currently it only updates when you open the calendar app. (unless garethjs is running the beta of 4.2).

My calendar seems to be pushing again too. I can only test via mobileme web to my iPhone just now as I am at work but the events I created online have made it to my iphone.

Perhaps this is what the maintance was that apple was doing last night? Link (http://www.apple.com/support/mobileme/system_status_history.html)

Mr Kram
Nov 18, 2010, 12:13 PM
friggin mobileme is down again. can create and sync events on idevices, but not on ical or through the web gui.

Playgear
Nov 18, 2010, 07:18 PM
Push is back up again.. wtf.

garethjs
Nov 19, 2010, 04:31 AM
Not working again

Playgear
Nov 19, 2010, 05:06 AM
Not working again

This is BS...

Though it may be related to my previous mention of push not working in the late evening.

Edit - 12:34PM 20/11/10 - Just noticed it's back up again...

garethjs
Nov 19, 2010, 11:28 PM
iPad is running 4.2.1

All of a sudden it's only pushing to my iphone and not my ipad. 4.30 AEST Melbourne

garethjs
Nov 21, 2010, 05:22 PM
Monday morning and it's succesfully pushing to both devices.

garethjs
Nov 22, 2010, 06:51 AM
Bring out the champagne. It's still pushing!

riko
Nov 22, 2010, 06:56 AM
Bring out the champagne. It's still pushing!

Not for me :( . it was working fine yesterday but today I have added a couple of events to December/Jan via mobileme web and neither were pushed to my iPhone.

just when I thought it was fixed

UPDATE:

OK its pushing to my iPhone again but I had to switch my mobileme account from "push" to "manual" and back again in the Mail, Contacts and Calendar settings to get it working again. I suppose restarting my iPhone would have worked too. But its a bit annoying if I have to do this regularly. The old calendar never had any issues with pusg

garethjs
Nov 22, 2010, 11:50 AM
After the maintainance today it's refusing to push to my ipad once more. Pushing fine to iPhone.

Playgear
Nov 23, 2010, 07:10 PM
Push is working again now - 12:10PM AEDT

garethjs
Nov 24, 2010, 05:17 PM
10am AEST Melbourne 25th

added something on ical and it got pushed to the iphone 4. iPad didn't get it.

I restarted the ipad and tried again and then the iPad got the push notification as well.

So I'm suppose to constantly reboot my device every x hrs now so I can get notifications?

helloimsteve
Nov 24, 2010, 10:33 PM
10am AEST Melbourne 25th

added something on ical and it got pushed to the iphone 4. iPad didn't get it.

I restarted the ipad and tried again and then the iPad got the push notification as well.

So I'm suppose to constantly reboot my device every x hrs now so I can get notifications?
I didn't read the previous posts, but if you're on the new calendar, remove your MobileMe account, power off, power on, re-add the MobileMe account on the iPhone. Also ensure your push settings are correct, Push ON, interval 15 minutes.

On the iPad, a CalDAV account is required for the new Calendar. To add it, tap Settings, Mail, Contacts and Calendars, Add Account, Other, CalDAV.

For the server address, you're going to enter cal.me.com, then your MobileMe member name INCLUDING @me.com, followed by your password. After you add the CalDAV account, give it a few moments to retrieve the data.

garethjs
Nov 25, 2010, 04:50 AM
Calender Push is down...

d21mike
Nov 25, 2010, 02:35 PM
I didn't read the previous posts, but if you're on the new calendar, remove your MobileMe account, power off, power on, re-add the MobileMe account on the iPhone. Also ensure your push settings are correct, Push ON, interval 15 minutes.

On the iPad, a CalDAV account is required for the new Calendar. To add it, tap Settings, Mail, Contacts and Calendars, Add Account, Other, CalDAV.

For the server address, you're going to enter cal.me.com, then your MobileMe member name INCLUDING @me.com, followed by your password. After you add the CalDAV account, give it a few moments to retrieve the data.

CalDAV not required with 4.2

riko
Nov 26, 2010, 12:07 PM
down again for me tonight. I could probably get it working but rebooting or switching the push to manual and back again but surely apple can fix this issue at their side. It is so annoying

garethjs
Nov 27, 2010, 08:15 AM
This is what I find interesting.

Both ipad & i4 pushing at 11.30pm. I sleep and awake at 7am and calender push has stopped. (connection to cal.me.com has closed)

I leave it and mysteriously in the afternoon I get push to the i4 but nothing to the ipad.

So the i4 is able to reconnect to cal.me.com at some point but the ipad can't? Something only a reboot or switching to airplane mode fixes.

maviso5
Nov 27, 2010, 12:57 PM
Glad i found this thread, thought it was something I had changed. I have ipad, IP4 + MBP, all of which only do the push when the relative app is launched.

Will stay tuned to this forum for an answer/update...

DotCom2
Nov 27, 2010, 04:25 PM
The only thing that worked for me was a "Restore to New". I tried a restore from backup and that didn't work. I had more problems than just the Calendar though. My Contacts and Bookmarks were MIA as well since updating to 4.2.1. The Restore to new solved it though.
I did read somewhere on the Apple support site that you had to delete the CalDav account because the new Calendar with 4.2 doesn't work right with it.
Someone correct me if I am wrong.

garethjs
Nov 28, 2010, 05:13 AM
iPhone 4 pushing fine for the last 24hrs. iPad is refusing to push calender, even after a reboot.

I must admit though that ical on the mac is working very reliably. Everything is synced down from the cloud instantly. It's been like this for the past 2-3weeks since the last major maintenance.

garethjs
Nov 28, 2010, 05:19 AM
The only thing that worked for me was a "Restore to New". I tried a restore from backup and that didn't work. I had more problems than just the Calendar though. My Contacts and Bookmarks were MIA as well since updating to 4.2.1. The Restore to new solved it though.
I did read somewhere on the Apple support site that you had to delete the CalDav account because the new Calendar with 4.2 doesn't work right with it.
Someone correct me if I am wrong.

No need to do a restore. Just delete caldav and make sure under mobileme settings, calender sync is enabled. (on 4.2)

Playgear
Nov 29, 2010, 06:26 AM
iPhone 4 pushing fine for the last 24hrs. iPad is refusing to push calender, even after a reboot.

I must admit though that ical on the mac is working very reliably. Everything is synced down from the cloud instantly. It's been like this for the past 2-3weeks since the last major maintenance.

Not pushing to my iPhone at present.

CaTOAGU
Dec 6, 2010, 04:21 AM
Has there been any improvement for any of you in the last week?

Playgear
Dec 6, 2010, 06:40 AM
Barely. Pushing is okay, but not necessarily pushing ALL the data.

rosler28
Dec 6, 2010, 01:17 PM
I have a major problem.

My I cal is blank from this month onwards. I have lost all my entries.

I have a Time Machine back up but every time i restore it my entries appear when I open ical but then within seconds they disappear as it is synching with mobile me.

It is sucking the mobile me calendar down and deleting everything.

I can't seem to stop it synching although I think I have turned the automatic synch off and reset it for manual synch.

I want the entries on my mac book to stay and then push them to mobile me so that the rest of my devices will get the correct calendar.

Is this a major bug or just me?

garethjs
Dec 8, 2010, 04:54 PM
Push has failed every single day.

Big time fail for this new calendar.

Sirolway
Dec 10, 2010, 06:08 AM
push has failed every single day.

Big time fail for this new calendar.

+1

CaTOAGU
Jan 31, 2011, 04:43 AM
OK a couple of months on and push seems to work consistently for a whole day. Mysteriously though it nearly always stops working sometime during the night. Cycling the power on my iPhone fixes this.

Is everyone else experiencing this, or is it better or worse for any of you?

Playgear
Jan 31, 2011, 11:04 PM
OK a couple of months on and push seems to work consistently for a whole day. Mysteriously though it nearly always stops working sometime during the night. Cycling the power on my iPhone fixes this.

Is everyone else experiencing this, or is it better or worse for any of you?

Haven't had ANY issues since early November. Amazing.

Push seems to be working even through the night for me now.