Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kerplunkuk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 21, 2008
Peterborough
I have a late 2008 macbook on which the case cracked where the magnet kept the lid closed. I took it back to apple and they have replaced the casing, however I think they may have changed the keyboard to one with a different layout to the one I previously had as it seems different and I am frequently hitting a key I am sure was not there before.

Does anyone have a 2008 macbook with a UK keyboard they could post a picture of?

Does it have a £ sign above the 3 on the UK keyboard and also what shape is the return key?

Thanks

Dark Fiber

macrumors newbie
Dec 26, 2007
Does it have a £ sign above the 3 on the UK keyboard and also what shape is the return key?
I have a late 2007, when my palmrest cracked they replaced the entire keyboard.
It sounds as if you are correct in your suspicions that the keyboard has changed, but did you start with a UK layout? :(
I attach the keycaps layout (shifted) to show the shape of the UK return key and position of the £ sign.

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    27.8 KB · Views: 130

kerplunkuk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 21, 2008
Peterborough
That was what I thought I had. I ordered a UK English keyboard initially. I remember this as I could not find the # key for ages until I did a google search.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.