Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pixel888

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 5, 2008
If I view a pure white image it looks like maybe 1/4" has a slight gradient. The darkness in the right corner is a little more prominent and extends maybe 1/2" Anyone else seeing this on their 11"?

FAsnakes

macrumors regular
Jul 26, 2007
If I view a pure white image it looks like maybe 1/4" has a slight gradient. The darkness in the right corner is a little more prominent and extends maybe 1/2" Anyone else seeing this on their 11"?
take it back.. I'm not seeing that problem on mine.. .

Fuchal

macrumors 68030
Sep 30, 2003
Every 11" I've seen (about 10 of them) has shown a very slight "shadow" around the edges, easiest to see on a solid light color like the boot screen. I would assume it's normal, unless it's something more dramatic than this. At least it doesn't leak light :D

pixel888

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 5, 2008
Thanks for the replies. I think I'll visit my local Apple Store and compare the screen. I will report back what I find.

pixel888

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 5, 2008
I checked at the Apple store today and all the 11" MBAs there had the same slight darkness, so I guess it's normal. It IS very subtle and most probably wouldn't notice it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.