Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

barny

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 4, 2009
Near London, England
Hey guys, today my friend gave me an unwanted iPhone 4 case and i was wondering if it would be 'mod-able' so i can use it with my iPod Touch 2G?

It basically looks like the iphone 4 back panel but with see through plastic strips round where the aluminium band would be.

Barny :apple:

barny

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 4, 2009
Near London, England
I love that aquarium idea! Probably too small though. I reckon it would be great as an optical mouse and look really slick so i might try that....and 'firestar' he has given it to me coz he has no need for it and i think it looks cool so i don't mind wasting a bit of time to mod it into something awesome :)

Firestar

macrumors 68020
Sep 30, 2010
221B Baker Street.
I love that aquarium idea! Probably too small though. I reckon it would be great as an optical mouse and look really slick so i might try that....and 'firestar' he has given it to me coz he has no need for it and i think it looks cool so i don't mind wasting a bit of time to mod it into something awesome :)
Ok. Maybe not a case for the 2G, it would be a waste of time, IMO.

summerheaven

macrumors newbie
Dec 22, 2010
iPhone 4/4S cases for iPod Touch 4?

Hi, I have a similar question. I have an ipod touch 4, and there's this case that I have been DYING for for the last year or so. I've been hoping and waiting that a ipod touch version would come out, but I think it never will. Is there any way of modding it? After waiting a year, I still want that case badly so now I'm searching for ways to use it.

In this video, the guy just uses two cases in order to use a iPhone 3GS case for his iPod touch 4.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQeOuZoclvo

I would appreciate it if anyone has an ipod touch 4, and happens to have iPhone 4/4S cases that they can test and see if anything works. The cases I want to buy are online and it would suck if I bought them and they don't work.

The case I want comes in silicon and hard plastic versions.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.