PDA

View Full Version : App to stream iPhoto Library?

flopticalcube
Nov 3, 2010, 10:58 AM
Any recommendations on an app to stream my iPhoto library on my Mac?

akm3
Nov 3, 2010, 11:50 AM
Any recommendations on an app to browse my iPhoto library on my Mac?

How about iPhoto?

flopticalcube
Nov 3, 2010, 11:57 AM
How about iPhoto?

Because it doesn't run on the iPad?

sandyjmacdonald
Nov 3, 2010, 12:09 PM
Any recommendations on an app to browse my iPhoto library on my Mac?

How about the Photos app that is built right into the iPad?

Works for me.

bearcatrp
Nov 3, 2010, 12:27 PM
Get the remote app for ATV. Supposed to be able to transfer photos an videos between macs, pc and iPad. Just downloaded it myself but haven't tried it yet. I couldn't find it in the app store so goto apples web site, the atv, toward the bottom, there will be a link.

flopticalcube
Nov 3, 2010, 03:24 PM
Maybe I need to make myself more clear. By browse, I mean stream. I don't want to load all 40gb of photos and videos on to my iPad. The Remote app only controls a remote installation, it won't stream and only iTunes.

Cinab1mt
Nov 3, 2010, 11:48 PM
I believe you can with Plex, you might have to set it up once, but after that it should be ok.

ash06
Nov 4, 2010, 12:15 AM
Yes, use Plex, works great on both iPad & iPhone 4 :)
It will stream your entire iPhoto library for display on your iPad on demand.
You can even stream . avi, .mkv files from folders that you point it to. Works well :)

cakbar
Nov 4, 2010, 08:31 AM
Zumocast

flopticalcube
Nov 4, 2010, 09:19 AM
Thanks. I already had Zumocast and added the iPhoto library and it works nicely. I have Plex on my mini and I downloaded the app but the interface is wanting and it doesn't show avi's that are in iPhoto. I'll stick with Zumocast.

Sophie424
Dec 24, 2010, 11:47 PM
@flopticalcube - how did you add the iPhoto library to Zumocast?

The best I was able to come up with was to navigate by hand to the Data folder within the iPhoto library package, and then browse the pictures as files, by folder. Not as enjoyable as seeing my iPhoto albums, play with music, etc.