PDA

View Full Version : Can't Decide

Zach23
Nov 3, 2010, 05:05 PM
Hello,

So yeah I'm having a very difficult time deciding what to purchase. Any advice would be really appreciated!!
I have a 2008 unibody 15" MBP now and it's falling apart. The battery is bulging, keys have fallen off, theres a red stripe in the screen, and my battery lasts one hour. So now I'm going to purchase a new laptop and I can't decide whether to purchase a new 15" MBP or the 13" MBA. I am a university student and the only reason I don't bring the MBP is because it's a little too big and heavy and I can't sit through one lecture without it dying. I mostly use the internet and watch a LOT of movies and tv shows (and work, but thats not important :D). I really like having a big screen for watching movies but is a 13" worse? It would suck if I bought the MBP and then have to see the update in a couple of months.

So my major things in a laptop are listening to music, watching movies and shows, and web surfing (with like 20+ tabs at once).

What do you guys think?

Thanks a lot,
Zach

foodle
Nov 3, 2010, 06:00 PM
First off, that bulging battery is a hazard. You should get it replaced ASAP.

Second, do you really need to have a laptop in lecture?

Third, given your needs, I'd think that you'd be best served with a new 15" MBP. Videos will likely need the faster CPU and you'll appreciate the larger screen. Maybe go for the high resolution screen.

mmcxiiad
Nov 3, 2010, 07:36 PM
It would suck if I bought the MBP and then have to see the update in a couple of months.

Zack

Regardless of what laptop you buy, or when you buy it, you can guarantee that in 6-8 months not only will there be a new model out, but it will be a lot better then what you already have. This is true of all computer brands, TVs, Cars, etc. It is the unfortunate truth to technology.