PDA

View Full Version : Pictures of the Neo Hybrid Matte Series [Gun Metal]

zelkor
Nov 3, 2010, 10:14 PM
Just received my SGP NEO HYBRID MATTE GUN METAL case. Thought I'd post some pictures if that can be of any help for you guys.

Overall I like the case so far.

I'm disappointed by the quality build of the fake antenna (the gun metal coloured plastic thing). It will break or twist in your hands if you're not careful. Also, it was slightly damaged in the inside when I received it. It was brand new in its package and was already wearing some scratches in the inside face. As I said, be very very delicate when putting it on and there's no way I'm going to take it off for cleaning as I'd be worried about breaking it. I really wish they could improve the quality of the plastic piece.

On the other side it looks good. The gun metal colour looks fine to me as it is less bright intense than the satin version I believe. The back matte texture is also cool but a little slippery. The glass surface of the iPhone is still the less-slippery texture you can get from my experience with various cases.

I'm going to keep using it for a while and see if I decide to keep it or switch back to the Apple's bumper (which is by far the best one I tried yet).

Regards,

zk

zelkor
Nov 3, 2010, 10:17 PM
A follow up to my previous post, more pictures of the Gun Metal Matte case. As you can see in one of the picture, there is a bit of loose around the case. It is not very thigh and hopefully I will not break it somehow when taking out of a pocket.

gnychis
Nov 3, 2010, 10:24 PM
do you have a screen protector that you are using with it?

zelkor
Nov 4, 2010, 08:51 AM
Nope, no screen protector. Although, there is one included in the package from SGP. It looks too "opaque" for my taste so I didn't put it on.

gnychis
Nov 4, 2010, 08:55 AM
got ya, i was wondering if the case would cause it to bubble

psywzrd
Nov 4, 2010, 10:35 AM
I have the same exact case in Satin Silver and it doesn't bubble my PS AG at all. I actually love the case and I'm looking to get another plastic "bumper" piece in the matte black color.

reeco
Nov 4, 2010, 10:43 AM
that case looks really nice. Might have to buy that 1 :)

JNGold
Nov 4, 2010, 10:44 AM
I have the same exact case in Satin Silver and it doesn't bubble my PS AG at all. I actually love the case and I'm looking to get another plastic "bumper" piece in the matte black color.

Hey Psy...just an update. I now have both the EX and the Matte. Before I received the EX (which is now my primary), I was able to improve the "sag" that I was experiencing with the silicone back. I applied heat via a hair-dryer and it helped a bit. There was still a bit of sag but better than before I applied the heat.

psywzrd
Nov 4, 2010, 12:01 PM
Hey Psy...just an update. I now have both the EX and the Matte. Before I received the EX (which is now my primary), I was able to improve the "sag" that I was experiencing with the silicone back. I applied heat via a hair-dryer and it helped a bit. There was still a bit of sag but better than before I applied the heat.

Thx for the update. I really think you must have a defective silicone piece though since I've had mine for a few weeks now and haven't experienced any sagging whatsoever. I thought that I would boil mine or something if it started sagging but so far so good. I really love the case so far.