Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

OBSHARP

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 3, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10_6_4; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Safari/533.18.5)

Any solution when New Macbook Air 13" goes Blank (white)? Has Apple Technical Support responded to anyone?

OBSHARP

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 3, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10_6_4; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Safari/533.18.5)

I called Apple explained greyish/white screen would not respond to enter etc. or shut down.

Apple said: Finder, Go, Utilities, Disk Utilities, Click on Drive, First Aid, Verify Disk, etc.

and this was ok. Next option either send in or go to Apple Store and make appt

However, I have read article which says there is a fix on the way. In term is to call " Open and close lid after this happens ; the problem is it seems to go to sleep and not want to wake up with key strokes.

halledise

macrumors 68000

I called Apple explained greyish/white screen would not respond to enter etc. or shut down.

Apple said: Finder, Go, Utilities, Disk Utilities, Click on Drive, First Aid, Verify Disk, etc.

and this was ok. Next option either send in or go to Apple Store and make appt

However, I have read article which says there is a fix on the way. In term is to call " Open and close lid after this happens ; the problem is it seems to go to sleep and not want to wake up with key strokes.

return item to Apple for a replacement.
this is not normal.

Claudio2010

macrumors newbie
Jun 8, 2010

Any solution when New Macbook Air 13" goes Blank (white)? Has Apple Technical Support responded to anyone?

I have the same problem, it has happened a few times since I bought it in December. The screen goes grey and it is seemingly unresponsive (closing and opening lid makes no difference). I have discovered I can still ssh to it and do a shutdown, at least it goes down cleanly, previously I would also just hold the power button to turn it off.

Has anyone found a better solution or maybe handed it in to Apple support?

Regards,
Claudio

KnightWRX

macrumors Pentium
Jan 28, 2009
Quebec, Canada
I have the same problem, it has happened a few times since I bought it in December. The screen goes grey and it is seemingly unresponsive (closing and opening lid makes no difference). I have discovered I can still ssh to it and do a shutdown, at least it goes down cleanly, previously I would also just hold the power button to turn it off.

Has anyone found a better solution or maybe handed it in to Apple support?

Regards,
Claudio

Don't necro threads like that, people will try to help the OP without realising this is a over 6 months old thread, post a new one if you have a question that can you can't find the answer for with the search function. Basic forum etiquette.

The better solution is to take it in for warranty work.

SR71

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2011
Boston, MA
Don't necro threads like that, people will try to help the OP without realising this is a over 6 months old thread, post a new one if you have a question that can you can't find the answer for with the search function. Basic forum etiquette.

The better solution is to take it in for warranty work.

Exactly.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.