Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SledgeHammer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 3, 2010
India
I want to create a login screen for a native app which will store the username and password in the iPhone itself. I need a layer of security for the app so that the username and password is stored in encrypted form.

Which is the best method to implement my need ? I'm reluctant to use .plist because of the lack of security and SQLite etc because my app don't need to store/retrieve bulk of data.

In addition to that I would like to have a settings screen to change the username and password later.

Please guide me since I'm a newbie to world of iPhone programming. :D

SledgeHammer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 3, 2010
India
Thanks for the reply.

Mine is a very simple app which just needs to store the username and password in non-text form.

Which is the method to store it in binary format in the Apps folder itself ?

chown33

Staff member
Aug 9, 2009
A sea of green
Use the keychain.

Quoted for truth.

Because even people who should know better can make remarkably stupid mistakes:
http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/news...nking-apps-expose-sensitive-customer-data.ars
The applications distributed by such top banks and financial institutions as Wells Fargo and Bank of America placed various types of information at varying degrees of risk. But at least one Android application, distributed by Wells Fargo, stored an account holder’s username and password on the phone in cleartext. ...​

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.