Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jrober

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 22, 2003
Heathfield, UK
All,

I need to buy a monitor now I am back home but want to get one I could also connect my xbox to. I really want an apple monitor coolness dimensions etc. But can I conncet my x-box to it.

Anyone out there got their mac and xbox connected to the same monitor?
Experiences?

Thanks in advance.

Now to await tomorrows keynote!

rhpenguin

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2003
London, Ontario
i would look at that Dell 20" LCD with the SVIDEO in port on it and get the xbox HD kit.

Its cheaper and it has PIP... I think it would work nice for you purposes.

stuckwithme247

macrumors regular
Jan 14, 2003
Apple displays use a DVI connector just like PC ones, if you can figure out how to connect a DVI connector to RCA cables then you're set...

ZildjianKX

macrumors 68000
May 18, 2003
There actually is a post on how to connect an xbox to a studio display and it was answered by me:

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/77033/

You really don't want a mac monitor if you're going to do this, get one with dual inputs (VGA + DVI) like the Dell mentioned above.

Hook the DVI up to your mac, buy an X2VGA to hook up your Xbox via VGA. Believe me, it will make a world of difference. Running your Xbox in 480i, 720p and 1080i versus the crappy RCA cables looks so much better, and you'll notice the difference on your new monitor. Thank me later :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.