PDA

View Full Version : Back to my 2G, what wonderful curves

yoak
Nov 4, 2010, 02:48 PM
After breaking the glass on my iPhone 4 and having to send it back for repair, I had to charge up my old 2G and use it for a few weeks.
I have to say that the 2G has the nicest feel of all the iPhones. It feels very solid with the alu back. It sits very nice in the hand due to itīs rounded edges.

The 3G feels like a fragile toy in comaprison, and the 4 just feels edgy.

Unfortunatly itīs just too slow, specially after being spoiled with the performance of the 4.

So I ended up using it more like a classic mobile, mostly for calls and sms (and the odd email)

I wish I could get the retina display and the performance of the iPhone 4 in a 2G housing.

Anyone feel the same?

rdowns
Nov 4, 2010, 03:21 PM
I'm prepping my original iPhone for sale as we speak. I'm going to miss her but better someone uses it rather that it sit in a drawer.

b00ya
Nov 9, 2010, 10:50 AM
I have both and I agree it feels nicer but the iPhone 4 shape looks nicer to me.

b00ya
Nov 9, 2010, 10:50 AM
I'm prepping my original iPhone for sale as we speak. I'm going to miss her but better someone uses it rather that it sit in a drawer.

How much? I didnt even think anyone would buy mine so I didnt bother trying.

Alrescha
Nov 9, 2010, 10:59 AM
Anyone feel the same?

I plan to use my original iPhone (Summer 2007) for as long as it lasts.

A.

PsstGreek
Nov 9, 2010, 01:08 PM
I agree. I really liked the od 2G when I had mine. The way Apple made the iPhone 2G, goes along with all their other products (like the MBP).

I kind of wished I saved my 2G, 3G and 3GS. Call me crazy but I want to buy each one again, in as mint of shape as I can find them and just stick them in a glass box (lol). Just to have as a momento of time.