Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
It took quite a while to get through it, but it was a very interesting and informative read (didn't know SoundJam became iTunes, for example). Nice find!

JeffTL

macrumors 6502a
Dec 18, 2003
With all due respect, when Steve asked those guys to join Apple they really should have. It'd have been a steadier job.

gregnacu

macrumors member
Jul 19, 2002
Canada
That was truly awesome.

Man. Being a software developer myself, that really almost brought a tear to my eye. Not because it was sad, but because it's all so true. And how they talk about their software creation like it is an old friend. These guys are the 21st century heirs to the real computer users of the early days of computing. Doing stuff out of love and sheer satisfaction and less out of what will only serve the bottom line. What an uplifting and joyous alternative to the senseless stupidity that is the corporate-microsoft-kissing-modern-computer world. These guys are the real McCoy. If I ever met them, I'd give them a high five. That was the most enjoyable internet article I've read in the past 6 months.

mj_1903

macrumors 6502a
Feb 3, 2003
Sydney, Australia
JeffTL said:
With all due respect, when Steve asked those guys to join Apple they really should have. It'd have been a steadier job.

Mac OS X shareware development is a steady job and it is more fun than working for a large corporation. I think you can figure out how I know this. :)

iJaz

macrumors 6502a
Dec 16, 2004
Very interesting story! A bit long though, I wasted much precious job time, but it was worth it. :D

vollspacken

macrumors 65816
Oct 17, 2002
Boogie-Down Berlintown
cool story...

now I feel bad that I didn't update from Audion 2 to 3... :(

crappy Winamp-using people always got blown away by the smooth looks and the excellent sound of the program...

I hope they keep up the good work and don't go down. :)

vSpacken

earlysound

macrumors newbie
Jan 21, 2005
San Francisco
sweet, sweet panic.

i love their programs, and they were the nicest guys in the world at MacWorld 2005. they were also the only booth to give me free things (although i could not talk them into a free copy of CandyBar) :eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.