Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zimv20

macrumors 601
Jul 18, 2002
toronto
neat stuff.

my beef w/ digi was always the limitations with the LE hardware, but i liked the s/w too much to switch. very excited by tonight's announcements.

Leddy

macrumors regular
Dec 16, 2008
The upgrade cycle continues ...

Any chance PT 9 will import an OMF without needing to spend more $ to get that basic functionality.

i like PT but AVID has been screwing its customers for years.

sonor

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 15, 2008
London, UK
Any chance PT 9 will import an OMF without needing to spend more $ to get that basic functionality.

i like PT but AVID has been screwing its customers for years.

Yes, that's another thing they've sorted. Looks like they've finally started listening to their customers...

"Expand your post production capabilities with powerful features now included as standard, such as the Time Code Ruler, OMF/AAF/MXF interchange, variable stereo pan depths, and updated 7.1 surround panner"

http://www.avid.com/US/products/Pro-Tools-Software

milo

macrumors 604
Sep 23, 2003
Good to see they did this. But it should be clear that PT9 is not the full version, it's LE with some additions. To get the full PT requires spending an additional $1995 for a "Complete Production Toolkit" that adds the missing features like surround sound, video features, etc.

Leddy

macrumors regular
Dec 16, 2008
Yes, that's another thing they've sorted. Looks like they've finally started listening to their customers...

That makes me really cross. In September I needed the ability to import OMF's into Pro Tools 8 and had to pony up $500 for the privilege ...

I sent them an email pointing out that it was basic functionality provided in pretty much every other pro audio app out there ...

It's like Digi/AVID signed a bunch of bad deals and has made consumers pay ever since.

Glad the madness looks like it's abating for the time being at least. I hope for customers that AVID's stranglehold on Pro Audio is broken further and we see a new era of co-operation between the major DAW's.

Cheers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.