PDA

View Full Version : Is MobileMe down?

illegalprelude
Nov 5, 2010, 12:49 AM
Suddenly all my computers are telling me that my password is invalid. I'm waiting for the reset email to come to me...still nothing.

papahemi
Nov 5, 2010, 12:58 AM
sync said my password had been changed. Hmm...

Whiteyez
Nov 5, 2010, 12:58 AM
Same problem here.

EricNau
Nov 5, 2010, 01:00 AM
Yes, upon logging in I was greeted with this:

Ruahrc
Nov 5, 2010, 01:00 AM
I'm getting this too. The apple support page says they're doing maintenance on the mobileme servers, and that some users may experience difficulty. I think in 2 hours it will come back, I hope.

http://www.apple.com/support/mobileme/system_status_more.html

tyc03
Nov 5, 2010, 01:01 AM
Me too! I went to the website and turned out that Apple is having server maintenance!

M87
Nov 5, 2010, 01:02 AM
I thought I had been hacked or something.

IrishTiger
Nov 5, 2010, 01:03 AM

Yeah I just had my iPhone switched out today so I thought the same thing!!!! Phew. Thanks to you guys I can go to bed!! haha

Willis
Nov 5, 2010, 01:05 AM
wow, i was getting worried then

tuckerja
Nov 5, 2010, 01:15 AM
So MobileMe logged me out a few minutes ago and wouldnt accept my password. If this happens to you, just go to the mobileme support page and click on the iForgot website link. Reset your password to either what it was before or something else and it should pop up again just fine.

Mod Note: Threads merged.

bedifferent
Nov 5, 2010, 01:16 AM
Could this be related to the new server farm in N.C.?

illegalprelude
Nov 5, 2010, 01:17 AM

ok, glad its not me. I thought the same thing. Got paranoid! :o

Ibjr
Nov 5, 2010, 01:28 AM
and i need to find my iphone!

roliath
Nov 5, 2010, 04:06 AM
back up now.

i can't seem to be able to reset my custom icon for my idisk anymore.

Macsterguy
Nov 5, 2010, 09:40 AM
hmmmm - server farm? 10.6.6, ios 4.2, iphoto and mm galleries, mac apps....... a lot going on

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

IrishTiger
Nov 5, 2010, 09:43 AM
I didn't reset my password last night at 2am, because i thought it would just work itself out by the morning..... but no. I just opened my computer for the first time and it's still telling my my PW is invalid.

GollumBoy
Nov 5, 2010, 10:05 AM
Same issues. Website loads fine - but my Time Capsule was flashing orange and saying a problem which I found out to be MM account details being incorrect - even though they are correct.

IrishTiger
Nov 5, 2010, 11:36 AM
Same issues. Website loads fine - but my Time Capsule was flashing orange and saying a problem which I found out to be MM account details being incorrect - even though they are correct.

Yes my time capsule has not been working since yesterday afternoon sometime.

illegalprelude
Nov 5, 2010, 11:57 AM
Have you guys tried to just reset your Time Capsule? Mine seems to be functioning just fine

tigres
Nov 5, 2010, 12:13 PM
Steve needs to kick some Ass in the MM department, and get their stuff straightened up pronto. This service has been lacking since .mac, and I am tired of waiting one more week. In fact, I am tired of waiting one more day. I regret re-uping my family account this year.

No phone support is an absolute train wreck too. The chat and support on this are the worst in 's lineup.

GollumBoy
Nov 5, 2010, 01:19 PM
Have you guys tried to just reset your Time Capsule? Mine seems to be functioning just fine

reset? doesn't that clear everything off?
i have too much data stored to do that

illegalprelude
Nov 5, 2010, 05:10 PM
reset? doesn't that clear everything off?
i have too much data stored to do that

Let me clarify. You should restart your unit. Go to Airport Utlity and right click (ctrl click) on the Time Capsule and click Restart. After a minute, the unit will just boot backup.

If this does not resolve your issue, another method you can try is to double click on your Time Capsule icon under Airport Utility. This will open it in a new screen. Then Go to File - Export Configuration File and save it somewhere. Then, control click on your airport and restore it to default settings and attempt to put in your settings again and see if it resolves your issue. If it does, fantastic, if it does nothing, you can then restore your Airport to your previous settings via the file you just saved.

GollumBoy
Nov 5, 2010, 11:07 PM
Let me clarify. You should restart your unit. Go to Airport Utlity and right click (ctrl click) on the Time Capsule and click Restart. After a minute, the unit will just boot backup.

If this does not resolve your issue, another method you can try is to double click on your Time Capsule icon under Airport Utility. This will open it in a new screen. Then Go to File - Export Configuration File and save it somewhere. Then, control click on your airport and restore it to default settings and attempt to put in your settings again and see if it resolves your issue. If it does, fantastic, if it does nothing, you can then restore your Airport to your previous settings via the file you just saved.

i would if airport utility finds the capsule :/ looks like i'll restart from power first.

Edit: restart at power plug let me find the capsule again, restart did the trick - can now access files on the HD again :)

circularforward
Nov 6, 2010, 11:20 AM
Anybody else had to re-sync your iDisk? It is such a slow process.

michellevata
Nov 6, 2010, 05:19 PM
I actually have been getting these messages now for about 3 days. I have tried several times with the Mobileme chat assistance and for the first time in a year I am very disappointed with this service. After 2 hours in chat help to rectify the connection problems and the constant delays to view the published calendars I was disconnected by the person I was typing to.

WHY DOES MOBILEME NOT HAVE ACTUAL VOICE PEOPLE WE CAN SPEAK TO? That really ticks me off. I have invested 5 to 6 hours (which I really dont have) to correct the problems that we all seem to be having.

How and who do we go to in order to get these fixed?

EricNau
Nov 6, 2010, 05:26 PM
WHY DOES MOBILEME NOT HAVE ACTUAL VOICE PEOPLE WE CAN SPEAK TO? That really ticks me off. I have invested 5 to 6 hours (which I really dont have) to correct the problems that we all seem to be having.

How and who do we go to in order to get these fixed?
Have you tried calling 1-800-APL-CARE? Not sure that there is still a MobileMe department, but it never hurts to call and ask. I believe there is/was MobileMe support for the iPhone; maybe they will be able to help.

tigres
Nov 6, 2010, 07:17 PM
Have you tried calling 1-800-APL-CARE? Not sure that there is still a MobileMe department, but it never hurts to call and ask. I believe there is/was MobileMe support for the iPhone; maybe they will be able to help.

I too am having issues. They do not have a phone support number, and their tier 2 support sucks.

I have spent 1.5 weeks wasted only to get an email tonight telling me it does not support push.

These guys at MM are beyond help IMO. This is apples weakest link without question. My MM mail has been having issues communicating with apples servers up and down for 2 weeks, and this chump comes back to me after waiting with an answer that does not even address my problem.

In other words, he never read my original, secondary, third, and forth detailed issue/complaint.

I too am pissed, and I am taking this up the ladder. I spend thousands upon thousands with this company, and I am not going to take this. For 150/year for a family account, gee can it work?

/rant. I will call apple tomorrow and start my complaint addressing my new 13" maxed out air that I just gave them 1800+ for... we'll see where it goes...

michellevata
Nov 6, 2010, 08:46 PM

Thanks for that information! I spoke with a very nice gentleman there and he feels that the problem is because I am still on the old calendar rather than the new one. I updated my daughter's MM account to the new and although I like some of the enhancements I lost all the subscriptions so cant seem to find out how to do that....SO now i waste more time on with Mobile me support on the computer. the apple tech told me to send feedback regarding the MM problems with chat. I also will be calling their head office on Monday. Who knows!

its too bad too because I loved how this worked for me previously. just not meeting my needs right now and certainly not reliable!!

MrSmith
Nov 6, 2010, 10:29 PM
Updated my p/w but Find My iPhone's just not having it.

wirelessmacuser
Nov 6, 2010, 10:32 PM
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

Ten points for your stellar humor ...:)

JuanGuapo
Nov 7, 2010, 09:01 PM
Steve needs to kick some Ass in the MM department, and get their stuff straightened up pronto. This service has been lacking since .mac, and I am tired of waiting one more week. In fact, I am tired of waiting one more day. I regret re-uping my family account this year.

No phone support is an absolute train wreck too. The chat and support on this are the worst in 's lineup.

I've had MM for almost two years and this year it's going to wither on the vine this year.... What's funny is Google's Gmail and Dropbox are each 100% free (as in beer) and both are better at "MobileMe" than MobileMe.

arnop
Nov 8, 2010, 09:33 AM
I've got issues too here in France with MobileMe on my iPhone 4...

BrEEdAA
Nov 9, 2010, 04:47 PM
Hmmm, having issues here uploading photos, first I've noticed any problems

Nem
Nov 9, 2010, 05:10 PM
Mine has just stopped working now. Was getting emails pushed to the iphone 30 minutes ago but now it won't find the server.

Have to say that Facebook are very quick tho, it's now telling my my email is invalid and I've got to enter a new available email address.