Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dammit Cubs

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 31, 2007
I don't know if I'm the only one, but when i'm just casually using my system. The screen would dim down and i can't get it back to normal until i either put it to sleep or restart it. It's like as if the LED back lit is ran out of power.

wirelessmacuser

macrumors 68000
Dec 20, 2009
Planet.Earth
I don't know if I'm the only one, but when i'm just casually using my system. The screen would dim down and i can't get it back to normal until i either put it to sleep or restart it. It's like as if the LED back lit is ran out of power.

In my case this was the first symptom I observed. Two days later the screen went to a massive number of multicolored lines rendering it useless. A restart would restore it to normal for an hour or so before it would act up again. AppleCare said they hadn't heard about it. I took it to the genius bar where they were shocked to see how bad it was.

They ordered a replacement computer for me. Two days later they had it for me to pickup. I used it all day today and so far it's only acted up once. Shades of the ordeal I went through with my iPhone 4.

Now on my fourth returned iP4, I seem to have one that works. Only time will tell. My confidence has been greatly reduced. Apple is living in denial.

Sadly Apple seems to be emulating Dell.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.