Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CarbonCrew

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
I don't know how many apps I'm having this issue with, but I do know that I'm having trouble with Atomic Web Browser. I'm currently using v. 3.7.1, version 3.8 is available in the iTunes Store. I get no notifications of an available update on my iPhone or iTunes. I've deleted and re-downloaded the app several times now with no success, 3.7.1 comes back each time.

Any suggestion as to how I can fix this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

andybno1

Suspended
Nov 6, 2007
Liverpool, UK
easiest option would be to remove the app off your phone and iTunea and then re-download from the store.... you wont be charged for the app as you have already paid for it, then sync to device

CarbonCrew

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
easiest option would be to remove the app off your phone and iTunea and then re-download from the store.... you wont be charged for the app as you have already paid for it, then sync to device

Thanks, I'll give that a shot. I've re-downloaded through iTunes several times now and still get the old version. I'll give it a shot through my phone and report back.

CarbonCrew

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
Fuuuu, no luck.

Deleted off phone and iTunes, Re-Downloaded through iPhone, Synced Phone and I've still got version 3.7.1.

I guess I'll give it another shot.

seajay96

macrumors 6502
Jun 26, 2010
Don't think it's a problem with your account, it's doing the same thing to me.

Possibly a problem with Atomic Web Browser, maybe they didn't change the version number when they made the update. I think the version on my iPad is 3.8, because it has the next/previous option for in page searches, but iTunes identifies it as 3.7.1

Suggest you send an email to Atomic...I will do the same.

seajay96

macrumors 6502
Jun 26, 2010
Quick reply from Atomic:

Atomic Web Browser said:
The upgrade was successful. There is a bug in the browser where one of the internal strings is 3.7.1 instead of 3.8. The previous version of the browser was 3.7.0. Sorry for the confusion.

Regards,
Richard

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.