ThemacNub
Nov 6, 2010, 01:30 AM
What is the best one?

Surely
Nov 6, 2010, 01:43 AM
None at all.

Nhwhazup
Nov 6, 2010, 05:03 AM
Power Support crystal clear is like naked but protected. Feels and looks the same as naked.

b.c.
Nov 7, 2010, 10:10 PM
Power Support crystal clear is like naked but protected. Feels and looks the same as naked.

+1 for the Powersupport protectors. another big advantage: no fuss to install without dust or bubbles.

edit: I'll add that like mgg below I have the antiglare PS one on my iPad, but I have installed several other PS films both crystal and antiglare on various other iPod touches and iPhones, maybe half dozen or so in total - both for myself and other people. zero negative issues with any of those.

I've also used invisibleshield on a couple devices and didn't like it at all, especially the feel and look of the surface. another brand I've used that's good is boxwave.com but have not seen their iPad film.

mgg
Nov 8, 2010, 12:37 AM
+2 for Powersupport -- but I have the anti-glare one, and like it a lot. (Started with InvisibleShield which I did not like at all.)

seymourphilips
Nov 8, 2010, 10:15 AM
i tried to put one on my ipod touch. It didnt work not at all, i would say go with something else.

drenline
Nov 12, 2010, 05:57 PM
I like the switcheasy screen protector the best, looks like there's no screen protector on at all. Only bad side is fingerprints but that's basically most of the screen protectors on the market.

Surely
Nov 12, 2010, 06:06 PM
+2 for Powersupport -- but I have the anti-glare one, and like it a lot.

That's what I used to use, but after a couple of months I decided that I would rather have a sharp screen, so I took it off.

Built
Nov 12, 2010, 06:24 PM
+3 on the Power Support...I always use their Crystal Film....Had it from the begining on my iPhone 1st gen, iPhone 3G, iPhone 4 and iPad...never a problem...doesn't interfere with the sharpness of the screen.

Best product, IMHO. If you live in SoCal, they have a store in Burbank which will do EXPERT installation while you wait for about 2 or 3 bucks.

Surely
Nov 12, 2010, 06:26 PM
^^^^^Also, keep in mind that they aren't open on weekends.:)

Maybe the PS Crystal film doesn't diminish clarity, but the PS anti-glare sure does.

kim2272
Nov 13, 2010, 01:20 AM
I like the switcheasy screen protector the best, looks like there's no screen protector on at all. Only bad side is fingerprints but that's basically most of the screen protectors on the market.

The only problem with switcheasy is that their screen protector for the iPad has a major rainbow effect.

Nhwhazup
Nov 13, 2010, 06:32 AM
^^^^^Also, keep in mind that they aren't open on weekends.:)

Maybe the PS Crystal film doesn't diminish clarity, but the PS anti-glare sure does.

I had the PS anti-glare and took it off due to the diminished clarity. The PS crystal is awesome! I have it on my iPad and my iPhone. I would love to operate both naked but even with a case and very delicate use, I could see some very light surface scratching after just a couple of months of use on the iPad. So I went in search of the perfect screen protector. And after a few tries, namely Zagg invisible shield which was really awful and then the PS anti-glare which had a really nice tactile slippery feel but alas did take away from the clarity - I am so pleased with the PS crystal which doesn't diminish the screen clarity at all and feels just like the naked screen. It was pretty easy to install with a little patience. I have a perfect alignment on both my iPad and iPhone with no bubbles and no lint. The best out there!

Surely
Nov 13, 2010, 12:44 PM
I had the PS anti-glare and took it off due to the diminished clarity. The PS crystal is awesome! I have it on my iPad and my iPhone. I would love to operate both naked but even with a case and very delicate use, I could see some very light surface scratching after just a couple of months of use on the iPad. So I went in search of the perfect screen protector. And after a few tries, namely Zagg invisible shield which was really awful and then the PS anti-glare which had a really nice tactile slippery feel but alas did take away from the clarity - I am so pleased with the PS crystal which doesn't diminish the screen clarity at all and feels just like the naked screen. It was pretty easy to install with a little patience. I have a perfect alignment on both my iPad and iPhone with no bubbles and no lint. The best out there!

I've had the iPad since launch weekend, I had a 1st gen iPhone for 1.5 years, a 3GS for 1 year, and the iPhone 4 since last summer, and I've never had any scratches on any of the screens. And I don't baby any of the devices... I just take reasonable care of them.

I really don't understand how people are scratching the screens of their iDevices. Are they putting a handful of sand in their pocket along with it? Using the iPad as a cutting board?

Nhwhazup
Nov 13, 2010, 03:57 PM
I've had the iPad since launch weekend, I had a 1st gen iPhone for 1.5 years, a 3GS for 1 year, and the iPhone 4 since last summer, and I've never had any scratches on any of the screens. And I don't baby any of the devices... I just take reasonable care of them.

I really don't understand how people are scratching the screens of their iDevices. Are they putting a handful of sand in their pocket along with it? Using the iPad as a cutting board?

Seriously, I had my 3GS iPhone naked for most of a year with no scratches and no protection. My iPad has been in a case since I got it - 1st day the 3G version came out. It was not scratched when I got it. I put it in a case within the 1st week and then it travels out of the house in the case and then in a briefcase. I've always kept it clean with iKlear and a clean microfiber cloth. I am pretty careful and anal with taking care of things and still I do have a couple of scratches on the iPad screen. Now they are very light surface
scratches but they can be seen with a black screen in the light. Seriously I have no idea how they got there. There has been no contact with anything I can think of besides fingers and regular cleaning. So I can say that I really have no idea what could have caused the scratches but I cannot see them under the PS screen protector.

And no sand or knives near my iPad :D

sportster
Nov 13, 2010, 06:32 PM
Anyone have experance with the SGP protectors? I've been thinking of either the Steinheil AF (http://www.sgpstore.com/product_info.php/products_id/1204) or maybe the Steinheil SQ (http://www.sgpstore.com/product_info.php/products_id/1205). They both seem very similar to the Power Support ones. Are they all the same?

bye333
Nov 15, 2010, 04:44 AM
i'm also in the market for a screen protector...
from evrything i've read, power support seems like the best way to go, but its going to be hard to get a PS film where i am...
so i was just wondering, because a lot of people seem to hate it, is the zagg IS really that bad?

Built
Nov 15, 2010, 07:55 AM
from evrything i've read, power support seems like the best way to go, but its going to be hard to get a PS film where i am...
so i was just wondering, because a lot of people seem to hate it, is the zagg IS really that bad?

Yes...A woman at work has a Zagg on her iPad. She doesn't read MR yet she has all the same complaints as everybody else does on here. She says it's awful...from the texture to the way it "ages." Yet she does not read MR so she has not been "tainted" by the negative posts on here about Zagg.

sportster
Nov 15, 2010, 10:13 AM

I had the ZAGG covers on my iPhone 3GS. Was it worth it? I'm not sure. I didn't mind the feel of it, I kinda liked the rubbery feel. I could live with out the orange peal texture. My only complaint with it was it was a magnet for collecting pocket lint.

But, on the same note... I did not put it on my iPhone 4 or my iPad. So its onto other products for them. I'm not concerned so much with my iPhone 4, but would like to keep the iPad from getting scratched up.

Surely
Nov 15, 2010, 10:21 AM
Seriously, I had my 3GS iPhone naked for most of a year with no scratches and no protection. My iPad has been in a case since I got it - 1st day the 3G version came out. It was not scratched when I got it. I put it in a case within the 1st week and then it travels out of the house in the case and then in a briefcase. I've always kept it clean with iKlear and a clean microfiber cloth. I am pretty careful and anal with taking care of things and still I do have a couple of scratches on the iPad screen. Now they are very light surface
scratches but they can be seen with a black screen in the light. Seriously I have no idea how they got there. There has been no contact with anything I can think of besides fingers and regular cleaning. So I can say that I really have no idea what could have caused the scratches but I cannot see them under the PS screen protector.

And no sand or knives near my iPad :D

Maybe something in your case was causing the scratches? Maybe the cloth you use to wipe the screen had something abrasive stuck to it?

If you only use it with your finger, how are you going to scratch it? There's nothing sharp enough on a finger to scratch a glass screen.:confused:

I have glass tables at home, and I don't put protectors on those.;) The stuff (glasses, plates, remotes, laptops, cutlery, etc.) that makes contact with the tables have a much better chance of scratching the tables than anything that comes in contact with my iPad/iPhone.

gnychis
Nov 15, 2010, 02:48 PM
how does SGP compare with the PS protectors?

Herrow
Nov 16, 2010, 10:45 AM
None at all.

I just prefer the naked glass surface. I did seek out a quality cleaning kit (http://tinyurl.com/2a94rqf) to keep my multitouch crystal clear.

Nhwhazup
Nov 16, 2010, 05:49 PM
Maybe something in your case was causing the scratches? Maybe the cloth you use to wipe the screen had something abrasive stuck to it?

If you only use it with your finger, how are you going to scratch it? There's nothing sharp enough on a finger to scratch a glass screen.:confused:

I have glass tables at home, and I don't put protectors on those.;) The stuff (glasses, plates, remotes, laptops, cutlery, etc.) that makes contact with the tables have a much better chance of scratching the tables than anything that comes in contact with my iPad/iPhone.

I really can point to nothing that could have scratched my iPad. I always have used a clean microfiber cloth and the iKlear to clean it. I have microfiber cloths all over my house and wash them weekly, careful to make sure they are clean and only use certain ones for my iPad and eyeglasses. Now I have plastic lens eyeglasses that are handled much more roughly than the iPad and they don't have hardly any scratches. I was as surprised as could be when I held the iPad blank screen up to the light after a couple of months and could see a couple of light scratches. Now I'm not saying it is all scratched up or the scratches are deep but there are a couple of them. And after I did see them I got even more anal in trying to prevent more. So it made more sense in my case to put on a screen protector and relax about scratching.

Nhwhazup
Nov 16, 2010, 06:03 PM

For me - Zagg is really that bad. I had mine installed at the mall kiosk and took it off in less than a week. I hated the rubbery feel and white screens also had reddish lines running in some areas of the screen. I read on the forum they are "stretch marks". Also with the Zagg the stylus hardly worked at all. Seriously if you are going to put on a screen don't go down the Zagg road. It was a waste of my money. I've had my PS crystal on for a few months now and still love it. No issues at all. I don't know how or why but it actually reduces fingerprints over a naked screen. Now it's not as fingerprint resistant as the anti-glare but I definitely wipe much less than when my iPad was naked.

Mapmonkey
Nov 28, 2010, 11:30 AM
Anyone have experance with the SGP protectors? I've been thinking of either the Steinheil AF (http://www.sgpstore.com/product_info.php/products_id/1204) or maybe the Steinheil SQ (http://www.sgpstore.com/product_info.php/products_id/1205). They both seem very similar to the Power Support ones. Are they all the same?

Just fitted one of these this evening,AF model. Install was quite straightforward for a protector that is. Comes with screen cloth and cleaner. It's a tough film and easy to handle, used scotch to get the odd piece of dust out.

BUT, I have lost the clarity and I am not too sure whether I like it. Does what it claims and reduces, almost removes fingerprints. Not sure though I like the trade off. It's quite rough and makes text a little soft. Will give it a week.
:confused

sportster
Dec 1, 2010, 12:41 PM
Just fitted one of these this evening,AF model. Install was quite straightforward for a protector that is. Comes with screen cloth and cleaner. It's a tough film and easy to handle, used scotch to get the odd piece of dust out.

BUT, I have lost the clarity and I am not too sure whether I like it. Does what it claims and reduces, almost removes fingerprints. Not sure though I like the trade off. It's quite rough and makes text a little soft. Will give it a week.
:confused

Thanks for the update. Still haven't gotten one yet, kinda on the fence still. More worried about the back getting scratched up now...

Keep us updated on how you like it after some use.

Saberon
Dec 1, 2010, 01:57 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPad; U; CPU OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Oops. Ignore please

bklam
Dec 1, 2010, 03:43 PM
I have some stupid no name one from Winners (TJ MAX) and it really reduces clarity. It's suppose to be Anti-finger print but it's the exact opposite. I have a SGP one coming and i'm starting to think it may be the same. Might have to go naked. How durable is the screen?

SnowDX
Dec 1, 2010, 04:02 PM
I've got the SQ. You can't even tell it's on. There is no orange peel look like Zagg's and no rainbow effect like cheap, static shields. I was originally going to get the PowerSupport Crystal but their shipping costs to Canada are stupid. After reading reviews, it seemed SGP was right up there with PowerSupport so I went for the SGP.

My relative that works at Apple with iOS devices didn't even realize I had a screen protector on. Shows how it doesn't change the look of the screen at all. I do notice that at times it can feel a tad bit grippier than without a protector, but I've got kids who use mine all the time and forget to wash their hands so sometime I have to scrape sticky stuff off and figured I'd rather do that off of a screen protetor than the screen. :p

Kadin
Dec 1, 2010, 04:16 PM
I've always used PS screen protectors (the anti-glare versions) on all of my past iPhones. I didn't really notice too much drop in clarity on them until my iPhone 4. I found the crystal screen protectors to be just as bad with fingerprints as the glass screen.

Now the question is... do I get one for the iPad. I'm so very OCD with smudges and fingerprints but I hate to think of how the screen images might be impacted due to a big matte cover. Do you all deal with the fingerprints and smudges or is the loss of clarity not THAT big a deal?

Saberon
Dec 1, 2010, 04:58 PM
I've always been a big PS-Anti glare advocate. (iPod touch 1/2/3G, iPhone 3GS [x2] iPhone 4] I bought an iPad a week ago and used it without protector...it was horrible. I'm OCD about fingerprints as well and installed the PS-anti glare on it. Sure it loses a tad of clarity but it's *so* outweighed by the glare reduction/fingerprint elimination! To be honest after a day or two you don't even realize it's on.

Built
Dec 1, 2010, 05:08 PM
VERY pro-Power Support here...but only the Crystal Film. I'm not crazy about anti-glare protectors.

The PS Crystal Film is virtually undetectable...and it gives me piece of mind knowing that my fingerprints are going all over my protector, and not my actual iPad screen.

I know it sounds weird...but my feeling is that if my iPad ever comes into contact with something that could do it damage...something sharp for example in my computer bag, like a zipper ...the screen protector will protect it.

Even though I treat my iPad pretty well, fingerprints are inevitable with the crystal film protector. I find that a corner of my lint-free cloth, wet lightly with a few drops of water, does wonders to get rid of prints and smudges.

Muscleflex
Dec 2, 2010, 02:12 PM
Try playing fruit ninja!!! You'll definitely want a screen protector.
Anyone know the cheapest place for power support in the UK?
I need one. I'm still using the original plastic wrapping that came with my iPad.

Nhwhazup
Dec 10, 2010, 02:56 AM
I've had some healthy debate on this forum about the use of screen protectors and I usually don't use them. However I noticed some very light surface scratching on the iPad screen after a couple of months of use. And I don't use it in anything but a normal environment, keep it very clean and it has always been in a case. I can think of no instance where it came on contact with anything that could have caused a scratch. Now the scratches are very light and can only be noticed with a black screen and reflective light. The scratches were not there when it was new. Additionally I only use clean micro fiber cloths and iKlear when cleaning. I'm pretty anal about my stuff and can keep plastic lens eyeglasses virtually scratch free for usually a couple of years. So I thought the iPad would be fine without a protector. I tried a few screen protectors before landing on the PS crystal which is perfectly clear and feels like a naked screen. I actually think it does reduce fingerprints just a bit - not like anti glare but better than naked.

Slingdude
Dec 11, 2010, 04:00 PM
I am using this
http://www.handhelditems.com/packs-reusable-ipad-antiscratch-matte-finishing-screen-protector-p-134151.html

still on my first pack for 2 month already. it remove most of the glare and when I scratch it with nail, it self heal within few hours. The price is so cheap too.

I bought 3 packs for 10.00, but 1 pack was damaged during shipping. But still good deal

xtrem
Dec 12, 2010, 08:02 AM
BodyGuardz...

AppleTech22
Dec 18, 2010, 10:31 PM
Thanks for the update. Still haven't gotten one yet, kinda on the fence still. More worried about the back getting scratched up now...

Keep us updated on how you like it after some use.

I think that for the back the zagg is nice, I don't prefer screen protectors, yet I bought full body from zagg. I am just going to let the front sit in the packaging until I finally feel like installing it. The back felt like it added some nice grip and feels almost naked, also that Apple logo is showing beautifully.

troyhouse
Dec 18, 2010, 11:56 PM
Got full body Zagg installed on ipad and very happy with it.

I have the same for iphone for 2 years and extremely happy.

surf2snow1
Dec 20, 2010, 08:31 AM
Here's another option for you. I bought the MediaDevil (used to be PhoneDevil) from Amazon. They are currently unavailable on Amazon though (Since they fly them in from the UK I believe):
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003WM89UQ/ref=oss_product

Love the protector so far.

pvonk
Dec 20, 2010, 04:38 PM
For me, it's the "NoScreenProtectorOnMyIPad" - best there is!

Missyrose
Dec 20, 2010, 05:26 PM
I've been using the Power Support Crystal film and have been very happy with it.

CuppyCake
Dec 20, 2010, 06:17 PM
I've been using the Power Support Crystal film and have been very happy with it.

What is the best website for the Power Supprt Crystal Film?

Missyrose
Dec 20, 2010, 08:03 PM
What is the best website for the Power Supprt Crystal Film?

I got mine directly from http://www.powersupportusa.com/

I had searched for them on Amazon, but they were out of stock.

When I originally ordered the film from power support, it said the item was backordered, but I still got it a few days later.

CuppyCake
Dec 20, 2010, 08:09 PM
I got mine directly from http://www.powersupportusa.com/

I had searched for them on Amazon, but they were out of stock.

When I originally ordered the film from power support, it said the item was backordered, but I still got it a few days later.

Thank you....Happy Holidays

sportster
Jan 11, 2011, 11:27 PM
I ended up ordering the SGP INCREDIBLE SHIELD SQ. Install the crystal screen protector with 0 issues and it is not even noticeable. I also installed the back and side protectors, had more little issues with the back. 3-4 small little spots, but only noticeable if you are looking for them. May have been due to the fact I did the back first, it is a different type of material, who knows.

It was $36.90 shipped from SGP's site, very happy and I recommend it if your interested or on the fence.

PittsDriver
Jan 12, 2011, 10:12 AM
Any stores stock the PS iPad screen protector? I hate the shipping costs PS charges...

whirledpeas86
Jan 12, 2011, 10:39 AM
Has anyone tried the Moshi iVisor covers? I'm thinking about getting one because I hate the idea of putting on one of those giant stickers. Seems like this is a good compromise, though I'm worried about it distorting the screen too much...

Built
Jan 12, 2011, 11:40 AM
Has anyone tried the Moshi iVisor covers? I'm thinking about getting one because I hate the idea of putting on one of those giant stickers. Seems like this is a good compromise, though I'm worried about it distorting the screen too much...

I don't have experience with this particular Moshi product, but I can attest to the fact that their products, in general, are top-notch.

For example, I have the Moshi keyboard cover and you cannot even tell it's on!

class77
Jan 12, 2011, 03:29 PM
how does SGP compare with the PS protectors?

I put the Steinheil Ultra Crystal on my iPhone and a PS anti-glare on my iPad. The Steinheil was MUCH harder to put on the iPhone and it a fingerprint/oil magnet. It didn't lay down as easily and I screwed up a couple trying to get it right. The PS went down extremely easily and fingerprints are at a minimum. I prefer the PS, but nothing comes with the PS but the protector. The Steinheil had a squeege and a microfiber cloth

Built
Jan 12, 2011, 03:39 PM
For anybody who lives in SoCal, PowerSupport has a store in Glendale...They install...for a VERY nominal fee...the Crystal Film as well as any of their products flawlessly while you wait.

When iPad 2 comes out, I will be bringing it to the store as soon as they release the Crystal film, just as I did with 1st gen iPad and iPhone 4.

Sure, I can install it on my own...as I did on my 1st gen iPhone and my iPhone 3G, but since it's so convenient, why not just have them do it without me having to fuss?

frifra
Jan 14, 2011, 03:20 AM
I have the PS Crystal Screen Protector as well.

It's really almost undetectable. The smudges are just as visible as they are without a screen protector.

There is another thread in this forum, where somebody asks for the best screen protector, which includes a link to a page where they have tested more than 10 different screen protectors and PS Crystal Film was rated best.

But I have to say it is harder to install on an iPad than on an iPod as the iPad is much bigger and so it is more difficult to apply it without any dust etc.

For those of you ordering it within Europe: I could only find it in a french online shop called pixmania. They have at least a german page as well but sending it from france for 30 Euros including shipping.

Hikescdnrckys
Jan 14, 2011, 01:39 PM
I tried iCon with my wife's iPad and had nothing but problems - lots of bubbles that I could not get out and I went though both screens after 30 minutes each trying to get a dust free, bubble free install. My wife lived with my best effort (a few bubbles near the top) but I could sense she was not happy. I did not want to pay Best Buy to install Zagg so I did some research and found this product:

http://store.moshimonde.com/ivisor-ag-ipad.html?gclid=CNWfqKq3uqYCFY9x5QodIFi4Gg

In 10 seconds after opening the package I had a perfect bubble free install - as the product actually rests on top of the screen - so you just lay the black border of the product over the iPad black border, smooth it down and voila!

My wife loves it and so do I (no complaints here and they even shipped to Canada too).

h00ligan
Jan 17, 2011, 08:28 PM
My PowerSupportUSA antiglare came with defects.. I opened a case with them in JUNE of last year... they have basically ignored a replacement.

This was after numerous emails, and pictures taken and sent to them.. they just didn't reply.

AVOID them.

Built
Jan 17, 2011, 10:32 PM
My PowerSupportUSA antiglare came with defects.. I opened a case with them in JUNE of last year... they have basically ignored a replacement.

This was after numerous emails, and pictures taken and sent to them.. they just didn't reply.

AVOID them.

I find that hard to believe. I purchased the PS Crystal Film for my iPad in August and when I removed the first one from the package, a bit of the glue from the package transferred on to the sheet.

I called them...sent them a pic WHILE I was on the phone with them...and I had a new replacement within a couple days.

h00ligan
Jan 21, 2011, 09:09 PM
Well, iemailed them AGAIN before I posted that..and still got no response...

Seriously this is fekkin retarded. Worst.customer.support.ever.

Ironic from a company called power support eh?

I wouldn't spend five bucks with them again. Ignored for six months by support..I cant even get an answer...screen arrived caked in dust with defects...and it's expensiive for what it is. With basically no warranty.

Honestly, if they treat people like this, I don't know how they are in business.

baller1308
Jan 22, 2011, 08:36 PM
I tried iCon with my wife's iPad and had nothing but problems - lots of bubbles that I could not get out and I went though both screens after 30 minutes each trying to get a dust free, bubble free install. My wife lived with my best effort (a few bubbles near the top) but I could sense she was not happy. I did not want to pay Best Buy to install Zagg so I did some research and found this product:

http://store.moshimonde.com/ivisor-ag-ipad.html?gclid=CNWfqKq3uqYCFY9x5QodIFi4Gg

In 10 seconds after opening the package I had a perfect bubble free install - as the product actually rests on top of the screen - so you just lay the black border of the product over the iPad black border, smooth it down and voila!

My wife loves it and so do I (no complaints here and they even shipped to Canada too).
Have any pics you could share with us?

SmittS
Jan 30, 2011, 09:23 PM

Looks slick. Since it doesn't stick to the screen, do you feel any "pop" of the film separating? Any impressions after further use?

Onthelo
Jan 31, 2011, 09:58 PM
I use the zagg shield. Nice protector but a little orange peel. Def the best for scratch protection on the screen so far.

WizardHunt
Apr 19, 2012, 10:46 PM
Question: for those of you installing these shields, has anyone used the technique to go into your bathroom, run the shower at full hot to create steam so no dust is in the air, and try to install on your sink counter? Does that actually work or is it a fable?

toasty hoodie
Apr 20, 2012, 07:30 PM
Getting a Zagg Invisibleshield HD with a nice discount. Gonna get the Zagg store to install it.

j.dstasio
Apr 20, 2012, 07:47 PM
Getting a Zagg Invisibleshield HD with a nice discount. Gonna get the Zagg store to install it.

You are going to like the new HD version. I LOVE mine.

thorn73
Apr 20, 2012, 10:16 PM
Well, iemailed them AGAIN before I posted that..and still got no response...

Seriously this is fekkin retarded. Worst.customer.support.ever.

Ironic from a company called power support eh?

I wouldn't spend five bucks with them again. Ignored for six months by support..I cant even get an answer...screen arrived caked in dust with defects...and it's expensiive for what it is. With basically no warranty.

Honestly, if they treat people like this, I don't know how they are in business.

I ordered one for my iPad a couple weeks ago. Defect upon opening, took pic and fired off email. Had a shipping notice same day and in my hands in two days. Love the protector and the support was awesome! Are you sure a spam filter isn't grabbing their emails or something?

C5Longhorn
Apr 22, 2012, 02:19 PM
Is the Power support clear protector easier to put on than the Zagg Invisishield HD?

I've had three put on at the mall and they all still have dust particles and hair. I'm starting to think it will be impossible to get a perfect install.

RedlegsFan
Apr 22, 2012, 02:26 PM
Zagg HD. Have always used them and I have gotten great at installing. I would not trust Best Buy or someone in the mall to do it. Just do it yourself...use lots of solution so you can move the screen around.

The HD is nearly invisible. Smooth glass like surface makes it MUCH better than the older non HD version

C5Longhorn
Apr 22, 2012, 02:40 PM
I think the issue is that they can't see the particles and I notice them later on in the day when the film is drying.

RedlegsFan
Apr 22, 2012, 02:58 PM
I think the issue is that they can't see the particles and I notice them later on in the day when the film is drying.

I would check it heavily before leaving if you are having it installed.

I would take it back and have them do it again if you are not satisfied

nin7474
Apr 22, 2012, 03:05 PM
Still waiting for the Power Support HD.:(

C5Longhorn
Apr 22, 2012, 05:31 PM
I would check it heavily before leaving if you are having it installed.

I would take it back and have them do it again if you are not satisfied

Yes, I 'm going to go over it thoroughly next time since this is the fourth trip and cover.

takeshi74
Apr 23, 2012, 10:18 AM
What is the best one?
Very old OP but: As with any topic, "best" is meaningless without clarification. What are your priorities with screen protectors? What you you like or dislike?

Otherwise you just get people pushing whatever they're currently using.

See also: all prior screen protector threads.

I've had three put on at the mall and they all still have dust particles and hair. I'm starting to think it will be impossible to get a perfect install.
Definitely not. There's always the shower trick to reduce dust though that won't help you if you're getting them installed at mall kiosks.

lincolnmayer
Apr 25, 2012, 06:18 PM
If you're looking for a long lasting protector then i'd highly recommend ArmorSuit from amazon. It doesnt' have the orangeish affect some other brands do. Plus it comes with a life time warranty which is pretty nice. Hope this helps!

Rodster
Jun 30, 2012, 04:36 PM
Any recommendations on where to buy the Best iPhone Screen Protector (www.cellairis.com) at the best price? I'm looking for one now. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:confused:

Try http://monoprice.com that's where I purchased my iPad screen protectors @ $1.67 a piece and the quality is very good. :D

Keep in mind, order enough to offset the shipping cost. There's a coupon for a 10% discount on any order. You may have to do a search for that.

MacGurl111
Jul 9, 2012, 11:14 AM
I was going to order on eBay but didn't want to risk it not fitting properly..
I went with powersupport for the 3rd time and I know I won't be disappointed. The extra cost is worth my peace of mind.

jekyl
Jul 9, 2012, 05:29 PM
I use a Skinomi kit on mine. I notice zero screen distortion and the feel is very close to naked. If I wanted to try something else it might be GhostArmor.

lincolnmayer
Jul 13, 2012, 05:38 PM
your thread topic is very broad lol. what do you mean by Best? definitely everyone has their own opinions.

Brandon0448
Aug 12, 2012, 10:01 PM
I use to use invisible shield on all my devices but don't anymore. I have come to the realization that I would rather enjoy my device with nothing covering the screen.

With that being said if you do want a screen protector I would recommend invisible shield. But they are pretty darn hard to install. No matter how hard you try it is nearly impossible to install one without a piece of dust or two getting stuck underneath it. Installing it in a steamy bathroom does help a lot though. Also use plenty of the solution, if you don't use enough then you can't adjust it properly and have to peel it on and off to get it in place instead of simply sliding it around.

Also if you screw up just wait a week and request a replacement because your's was "damaged" while protecting your device. ;) It is a completely automated system and they ask no questions. For $40 a screen protector i think they can afford a free replacement or two. I went through three screen protectors before I finally gave up on them and I even consider myself an experienced screen protector installer. I always manage to get my friend's and family's protectors perfect but screw all mine up.

Cheers and good luck!

JS82712
Aug 13, 2012, 06:34 PM
I like nexus 7 cell phone. I need accessories of nexus 7.
If you have any idea please share with me...:o

here's an idea
shut up and stop trolling. :rolleyes:

Breezer23
Aug 17, 2012, 01:08 PM
Martin fields. I recently came across this brand for my Android phone and they are amazing. I honestly feel they are better than PowerSupport. They only make them in clear but they are impressive at keeping off fingerprints. Fingerprints have always been a huge issue with clear screen protectors (dry application) but not with these! I highly recommend them!