Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chrispy

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 27, 2004
Indiana
Ok. What is the deal with the powerbook updates?? I need a powerbook for what I need to do and I have been holding off in hopes the updates would be announced at MWSF. However, this did not happen as was previously expected (not even the minor upgrades that were rumored). I want to get a powerbook with a 5400RPM HD so It will have to be a custom build. This takes so freakin' long that it would have been much better to buy one of the new ones and have it shipped 2 day express. I do not really have the time wait for one to be custom built at this point so does anyone have any idea if/when the "updated powerbooks" are supposed to be here? And yes, this may be very similar to other threads on the topic but I feel that since MWSF was today and no powerbook were announced the topic is refreshed. Thanks! :cool:

jaseone

macrumors 65816
Nov 7, 2004
Houston, USA
Huh? You don't have time to wait for a custom built Powerbook but seemingly have enough time to hold out for updated Powerbooks?

At a guess I would say there won't be any Powerbook updates for a while yet so rule that out of influencing your purchasing decision all together as if you keep holding out you will in all likelihood be waiting a while and just enter the whole holding out loop for the next model and never actually get one.

Yes it was a good bet that new PB's would be announced today but none were so I would go ahead and buy!

Chrispy

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 27, 2004
Indiana
jaseone said:
Huh? You don't have time to wait for a custom built Powerbook but seemingly have enough time to hold out for updated Powerbooks?

Haha! Good point made there. What actually happened was I was holding out as long as possible and MWSF just happened to fall very close to my "have to buy" deadline. So, if the updates are not due this week, then I am going to have to bite the bullet and go for it. Feel free all for your opinions :)

mactropy

macrumors member
Dec 4, 2004
M&M's
I didn't really expect any upgrades for the PB being announced today. But I surely hope for all of you guys here that an upgrade is coming up soon. It scares me to see that the PB seems to be dying the slow death of insignificance.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.