Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

d21mike

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 11, 2007
Torrance, CA
I setup a WebDav Server and getting duplicate file name when trying to create a folder or file with same name as an exsisting file excluding the extension.

Example:

Create file with name = "files.txt"

Create folder or file with name = "files"

I get an error "there is a file with the same name as the folder name". I.E. it is ignoring the ".txt" of the file I created.

I am using a Windows Client - I only have 1 Mac.

stilman

macrumors newbie
Nov 8, 2010

d21mike

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 11, 2007
Torrance, CA
Make it easy for yourself and use BarracudaDrive.
The BarracudaDrive application server combines a Web file Manager and WebDAV server.

The Web file Manager supports drag and drop upload in new browsers.
You will not find a server easier to use than this :)

http://barracudaserver.com/products/BarracudaDrive/

You can download a Mac version, or use the automated online installer:
http://barracudaserver.com/products/BarracudaDrive/cloud/

I decided to try it but I don't think I will be using it. So I looked for an UNINSTALL App and could not find one. Do you know how to uninstall it? Seems to have it's fingers in a few places. Thanks.

stilman

macrumors newbie
Nov 8, 2010
I decided to try it but I don't think I will be using it. So I looked for an UNINSTALL App and could not find one. Do you know how to uninstall it? Seems to have it's fingers in a few places. Thanks.

I have a "tools" directory in my BarracudaDrive folder that contains a tool for uninstalling, but I have not used it since I am keeping my version :)

stilman

macrumors newbie
Nov 8, 2010

I have a "tools" directory in my BarracudaDrive folder that contains a tool for uninstalling, but I have not used it since I am keeping my version :cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.