Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Radner

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 11, 2005
Hi,
I'm a college student who does alot of video editing (premiere, after effects etc) as well as website design and graphic design using studio mx and photoshop. Anyways I'm considering getting a powerbook. I'm mainly a pc guy myself but I havent been able to ignore the apple, from what I hear, apple dominates in world of video editing. Anyways I couldn't help but hear the rumor that a new powerbook is comming out, well actually an upgrade. A 12 inch 1.5 G4 with the radeon 9700 at 64mb if I'm correct. I need to ask since I have no mac experience with video editing, how would this perform compared to say a 3.0 ghz P4? Also does the 64mb in the video memory suffice for 3d graphics? Will programs such as maya and 3d max seem slow with only 64 mb of video mem? I also know and read that I should upgrade the ram if I get a powerbook as much as I can and buy from somewhere else since apple has insane prices for their memory. Mainly I just want to know how these powerbooks perform with editing videos. Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.