Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jongyoo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 14, 2008
Hey guys,

I just bought the MBA as my first mac and of course I want to have Counter Strike 1.6 on it. I went to a youtube link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAEqG870s_Q

I have paid for this many a times anyways. I follow the instructions and get CS 1.6 installed and running great. Then I start messing with the video functions and set it to OpenGL from Software and now my screen blacks out whenever I start it.

Is there anyway I can turn OpenGL off? How can I re-install my video drivers?

Thanks guys.

Rodus

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2008
Midlands, UK
Yup, I know exactly how you can get it running.

Download the Mac steam client and actually buy the game rather then pirate it, if you've paid for it on the PC then you should be able to download the Mac version free anyway but don't ask for assistance on pirated games here, Valve is one of the few companies who support Mac gaming so support them back.

jongyoo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 14, 2008
Yup, I know exactly how you can get it running.

Download the Mac steam client and actually buy the game rather then pirate it, if you've paid for it on the PC then you should be able to download the Mac version free anyway but don't ask for assistance on pirated games here, Valve is one of the few companies who support Mac gaming so support them back.

Well, why don't you get off your high horse and YOU try to find CS 1.6. I bet you can't find the link to it. Why? Because I've already tried. You think I want to download hacked games on my new comp? I DO support Valve, I've bought this damn key code 3 times in college.

I'm not asking you how to live my life. I'm asking how to turn off OpenGL or any information on it. So quit making assumptions, you're sounding like an *******. Reply, I dare you.

Rodus

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2008
Midlands, UK
It's a hacked copy genius because cs1.6 isn't actually available on the Mac officially, only cs source. Therefore you are downloading a pirate, ciderised game which is probably why it isn't working, the only way you can play is to install windows in boot camp and download the PC version and use your key for that. OS X uses open GL at core level so you can't turn it off.

jongyoo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 14, 2008
It's a hacked copy genius because cs1.6 isn't actually available on the Mac officially, only cs source. Therefore you are downloading a pirate, ciderised game which is probably why it isn't working, the only way you can play is to install windows in boot camp and download the PC version and use your key for that. OS X uses open GL at core level so you can't turn it off.

Thanks for the help.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.