PDA

View Full Version : Funny Dell and Mac story...


tjwett
Aug 29, 2002, 12:53 AM
So my youngest sister just started her first year at NYU this week. All summer I've been convincing her to get an iBook for school. I almost had her and at the last minute someone planted the idea in her head that she would have compatability issues and my parents ordered her a Dell. She's not "into" computers and could probably care less. I live just minutes from her here in NYC so we decided to go see the new movie "SIMONE" tonight. Sucked horribly. When I went to pick her up I noticed her new laptop closed on the desk. It looked like a 2 inch thick block of slate and weighed about the same. I asked how she liked it and get this; The first time she opened it and powered it up the keyboard and trackpad didn't even work at all and hasn't been touched since! She was bummed and I was just like, "I told you so". The best part, I look across the room and I see her roommate cruising along on an 800 DVI TiBook! With Jaguar no less. Turns out NYU is totally Mac friendly and it's actually the platform of choice there. They even have their own Apple store. Her Dell is going back to the junkyard and we'll be picking her up an iBook pronto. An obvious "switch"!

krossfyter
Aug 29, 2002, 02:09 AM
awsome. great work. ive got some friends (a couple) that were considering getting a gateway because its cheaper. i gave them the whole spill about how a computer is an investment and you should spend money on something thats going to last and is worth it etc. etc. i asked the guy what he wanted to do with a puter other then the usual and he said he wanted to eventually do some movies and record monolouges since he is a theater grad student. i said well then a mac is your friend. ive convinced him for now since he respects my opinion. he is going for the imac. cool right?! well just the other day he saw that gateway ad dogging the imac and he was amazed by it. i qucikly put a damper on him being decieved by that commercial though. anyways i just thought it was funny how gateway launced that campaign against apple at the time my friend was trying to decide between an apple or a gateway. thank God im around him at this time because he may have been decieved. so more switchers into the fold. rock it! any others???

cb911
Aug 29, 2002, 02:14 AM
they're pretty good stories. that would be a really major bummer for your keyboard & trackpad not too work the first time you go to use it.

Inhale420
Aug 29, 2002, 03:01 AM
dude, i came here to read a funny story.. you lied to me.

Rajj
Aug 29, 2002, 03:16 AM
Originally posted by tjwett
So my youngest sister just started her first year at NYU this week. All summer I've been convincing her to get an iBook for school. I almost had her and at the last minute someone planted the idea in her head that she would have compatability issues and my parents ordered her a Dell. She's not "into" computers and could probably care less. I live just minutes from her here in NYC so we decided to go see the new movie "SIMONE" tonight. Sucked horribly. When I went to pick her up I noticed her new laptop closed on the desk. It looked like a 2 inch thick block of slate and weighed about the same. I asked how she liked it and get this; The first time she opened it and powered it up the keyboard and trackpad didn't even work at all and hasn't been touched since! She was bummed and I was just like, "I told you so". The best part, I look across the room and I see her roommate cruising along on an 800 DVI TiBook! With Jaguar no less. Turns out NYU is totally Mac friendly and it's actually the platform of choice there. They even have their own Apple store. Her Dell is going back to the junkyard and we'll be picking her up an iBook pronto. An obvious "switch"!


You should send this story to Apple!!

Anon
Aug 29, 2002, 08:01 AM
From Dell's

http://www.dell.com/us/en/dhs/misc/policy_010_policy.htm

"Total Satisfaction" Return Policy (United States Only)

If you are an end-user customer who bought new products directly from a Dell company, you may return them to Dell within 30 days of the date of invoice for a refund or credit of the product purchase price. If you are an end-user customer who bought reconditioned or refurbished products from a Dell company, you may return them to Dell within 14 days of the date of invoice for a refund or credit of the product purchase price. In either case, the refund or credit will not include any shipping and handling charges shown on your invoice. If you are an organization that bought the products under a written agreement with Dell, the agreement may contain different terms for the return of products than specified by this policy.

Captnroger
Aug 29, 2002, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by Anon
From Dell's

http://www.dell.com/us/en/dhs/misc/policy_010_policy.htm

"Total Satisfaction" Return Policy (United States Only)

If you are an end-user customer who bought new products directly from a Dell company, you may return them to Dell within 30 days of the date of invoice for a refund or credit of the product purchase price. If you are an end-user customer who bought reconditioned or refurbished products from a Dell company, you may return them to Dell within 14 days of the date of invoice for a refund or credit of the product purchase price. In either case, the refund or credit will not include any shipping and handling charges shown on your invoice. If you are an organization that bought the products under a written agreement with Dell, the agreement may contain different terms for the return of products than specified by this policy.

Apple could learn from this. Their return policy is crazy. If you open the box you are automatically stuck with a restock fee. And Apple only gives you 10 days.

mnkeybsness
Aug 29, 2002, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by xrhajj



You should send this story to Apple!!

it's not a very good story to waste apple's time with; i'm sure they've got better things to do.

ftaok
Aug 29, 2002, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by Captnroger


Apple could learn from this. Their return policy is crazy. If you open the box you are automatically stuck with a restock fee. And Apple only gives you 10 days. I can understand Apple's policy, given that they don't move nearly the volume of product that Dell does.

That said, Dell's return policy is exceptional. Apple's is just average.

blogo
Aug 29, 2002, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by Inhale420
dude, i came here to read a funny story.. you lied to me.

jelloshotsrule
Aug 29, 2002, 10:43 AM
i wouldn't say nyu is pro mac per se.... i mean, the art school, is understandably more mac.... but the business school? oh man, that's just a sick clone factory so of course they use all pcs...

what school is she going into? that would certainly be the difference in what computers they have.

the nyu apple section is like a compusa apple section.... the people don't really know anything about it, and they don't really offer it as a good option. that said, they do have some good deals (packages though) and a decent amount of hardware in store given that it's a pretty small place...

G5orbust
Aug 29, 2002, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by mnkeybsness


it's not a very good story to waste apple's time with; i'm sure they've got better things to do.

not true, they do want "real" people's stories. Obviously this counts as a real person's story. I say send it in.

macktheknife
Aug 29, 2002, 12:11 PM
I was at the UC Berkeley Scholar Workstation (where they sell computers to students) to pick up some software. It was the first week of school, so there was a big crowd of people. Many of the students had inquired about buying a Mac, and one girl actually walked away with a TiBook. I was surprised that Macs sold as well as they did that day--especially in times like this where everyone's convinced that if you don't have a Dell or Wintel computer, you're doomed.

Here's hoping that Apple can keep those customers happy and satisfied.

*Sorry, this has nothing to do with the whole Dell vs. Apple thing per se. The fact that your sister went to NYU made me think about Macs and college students and hence this reply

tjwett
Aug 29, 2002, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by Inhale420
dude, i came here to read a funny story.. you lied to me.

i guess you had to be there;)

tjwett
Aug 29, 2002, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by Anon
From Dell's

http://www.dell.com/us/en/dhs/misc/policy_010_policy.htm

"Total Satisfaction" Return Policy (United States Only)

If you are an end-user customer who bought new products directly from a Dell company, you may return them to Dell within 30 days of the date of invoice for a refund or credit of the product purchase price. If you are an end-user customer who bought reconditioned or refurbished products from a Dell company, you may return them to Dell within 14 days of the date of invoice for a refund or credit of the product purchase price. In either case, the refund or credit will not include any shipping and handling charges shown on your invoice. If you are an organization that bought the products under a written agreement with Dell, the agreement may contain different terms for the return of products than specified by this policy.

no she wouldn't throw it away. it's brand new. she will be taking advantage of the 30 day refund.

tjwett
Aug 29, 2002, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by jelloshotsrule
i wouldn't say nyu is pro mac per se.... i mean, the art school, is understandably more mac.... but the business school? oh man, that's just a sick clone factory so of course they use all pcs...

what school is she going into? that would certainly be the difference in what computers they have.

the nyu apple section is like a compusa apple section.... the people don't really know anything about it, and they don't really offer it as a good option. that said, they do have some good deals (packages though) and a decent amount of hardware in store given that it's a pretty small place...

They are at the Tisch for film and television production