Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

b00ya

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 26, 2010
I got a brand new iPod and the volume buttons are sticky when you press them like someone spilled soda inside. Is this possible for someone to have swapped it out? It was completely packaged like new .. lol

This is the exact feeling buttons would have if they've been spilled on though.

Will they swap it? What if they think I did it? I have a feeling they're gonna say I spilled on it.

I've already exchanged these iPod's twice .. I have a feeling if I go back for this they'll tell me to get lost. Is it really my fault if these things are garbage?!

olicool1234

macrumors newbie
Nov 5, 2010
I got a brand new iPod and the volume buttons are sticky when you press them like someone spilled soda inside. Is this possible for someone to have swapped it out? It was completely packaged like new .. lol

This is the exact feeling buttons would have if they've been spilled on though.

Will they swap it? What if they think I did it? I have a feeling they're gonna say I spilled on it.

I've already exchanged these iPod's twice .. I have a feeling if I go back for this they'll tell me to get lost. Is it really my fault if these things are garbage?!

its not your fault, nor is it garbage.

but idk what it is, maybe you could try to take it back to them.

if not then just ask them if you can pay for a cleaning.

Last edited:

b00ya

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 26, 2010
well duh it's not my fault I just took it out of the box! =)

and yes if I have to return it 3 times to get a good one they are pretty garbage.

Not to mention my iPhone 4 is a complete disgrace to my previous iPhones when it comes to battery life. Double garbage.

b00ya

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 26, 2010
why did you have to exchange it before? I got one of the first batch and mine is completely fine.

I dunno what batch but I just bought it a lil more then a week ago. The first one the battery discharged from 95% to 0% over night so I took it back. The next one had little white light dots in certain parts of the screen on the side .. took that back. Now this one has sticky buttons. Going on number 4 once I return this.

*sigh*

How can the buttons be sticky if it's brand new?! I still think someone swapped their spilled ipod into the new box. But it was packaged perfectly I dunno if anyone can pull that off! lol

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.