Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Real82

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 9, 2010
Hey all, first post here. I got a 160 iPod classic about three or four weeks ago. It broke. It wouldn't restore, and when I hooked it up to itunes it wouldn't let me even play my songs on my computer until I restarted it (I have a new macbook pro I got at the same time). So I brought it to the genius bar, and they gave me a new one. Now I'm having the exact same problem with the new ipod they gave me. My question is: is there a way to fix it, even if the ipod will not show up as a drive on my computer?

And also, will my macbook pro continue to work? The fact that I've had two ipods that conked out on me in less than a month does not fill me with confidence in Apple's products. Did they change their business strategy at all? They used to make things that "just worked," now it seems they just make $#!). Is this a sound business strategy?

And finally, my last question is, how likely is Apple to give me another new iPod so that I can have one that will work for another week? And will I have to get a new one after a week's use again?

FixYouriTunes

macrumors member
Oct 16, 2010
San Francisco
Gosh this sounds crazy! I haven't heard of any Apple products being this bad ever! Are you using your iPod with a mac or windows? Either way I've been using Apple products for the longest time and have never heard of such a thing. I've been using iPods since they came out and never ever have had the situation you are experiencing. I think it's a fluke thing and if you go and explain your situation Apple should replace your iPod Classic. I'd say do it because I totally believe in the iPod Classic. I'm on my 5th!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.