PDA

View Full Version : Netflix on ipad

redshift1
Nov 9, 2010, 03:16 PM
Any problems with Netfix on the ipad I'm planning on getting the wifi only version. I have a Cisco 1000 router with a strong signal and Cox high speed internet.

donster28
Nov 9, 2010, 03:21 PM
Any problems with Netfix on the ipad I'm planning on getting the wifi only version. I have a Cisco 1000 router with a strong signal and Cox high speed internet.

Netflix streaming to iPad is flawless for me. I have a Time Capsule server. :)

redshift1
Nov 9, 2010, 03:25 PM
Netflix streaming to iPad is flawless for me. I have a Time Capsule server. :)

What if I don't have a TCS...

wwooden
Nov 9, 2010, 03:28 PM
Do you use Netflix streaming on any other device in your house? If so, it will work just as fine on the iPad.

Almost any high speed internet service and a "G" router will be enough to feed the iPad Netflix without an issue.

redshift1
Nov 9, 2010, 03:31 PM
Do you use Netflix streaming on any other device in your house? If so, it will work just as fine on the iPad.

Almost any high speed internet service and a "G" router will be enough to feed the iPad Netflix without an issue.

That's what I was looking for thanks, Yes Netflix works fine on my imac i3.

deimos256
Nov 9, 2010, 03:33 PM
is the streaming still decent if your using MyWi on a JB iphone for wifi signal?

drewc1138
Nov 9, 2010, 03:37 PM
is the streaming still decent if your using MyWi on a JB iphone for wifi signal?

It was noticeably lower quality, but it worked alright for me.

Don Kosak
Nov 9, 2010, 03:48 PM
Netflix streams great on my iPad. I have Comcast Internet, and an Airport Extreme.

papa8706
Nov 9, 2010, 03:49 PM
I've been satisfied with the netflix application for a few months now. The only thing that I'm not crazy about is the interface for the application. It feels a little unpolished, more like a website than a app, but the streaming quality is pretty good over wifi which is what really matters.

reckless2k2
Nov 9, 2010, 03:56 PM
I've been satisfied with the netflix application for a few months now. The only thing that I'm not crazy about is the interface for the application. It feels a little unpolished, more like a website than a app, but the streaming quality is pretty good over wifi which is what really matters.

Works fine over 3G as well.

MacDawg
Nov 9, 2010, 03:56 PM
Netflix streams great on my iPad. I have Comcast Internet, and an Airport Extreme.

I have the same setup and it works great for me too

fehhkk
Nov 9, 2010, 04:06 PM
Flawless streaming, never had any issues.

firewater
Nov 9, 2010, 04:50 PM
Big reason for getting netflix n I'm so happy now:)

hcho3
Nov 9, 2010, 05:00 PM
Wi-fi network > 3G or fake 4G network

Netflix works flawlessly.

saberahul
Nov 9, 2010, 07:39 PM

I use the newly made cisco e3000 and have no probs with netflix. If you have a decent internet speed then you're good to go... it would be nice to have a n router - is the 1000 an n router? That is up to you to answer as I'm too lazy to google :P

redshift1
Nov 9, 2010, 08:51 PM
I use the newly made cisco e3000 and have no probs with netflix. If you have a decent internet speed then you're good to go... it would be nice to have a n router - is the 1000 an n router? That is up to you to answer as I'm too lazy to google :P

Brand Name: Cisco
Model: E1000
Hardware Platform: PC, Mac
Form Factor: External
Connectivity Technology: Wireless, Wired
Networking Feature: Wireless router
Data Link Protocol: Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, IEEE 802.11n, IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11g
Network Switching Protocol: Ethernet
Network Transport Protocol: PPTP, L2TP, PPPoE
Network Remote Management Protocol: HTTPS, HTTP
Network Data Transfer Rate: 300 Megabits Per Second
Width: 2.7 inches
Height: 8.5 inches
Weight: 1.51 pounds

USGIshimura
Nov 10, 2010, 03:20 AM
The Netflix app works....but it is an embarrassment.

It is by far one of the worst apps in the App Store. It isn't even an app, it is a copy/paste of their awful website. You can't rate movies on the iPad in the app or the website and they seem unconcerned with users being unable to do that.

It is a huge missed opportunity for a company that seems so forward thinking.

fleeper
Nov 10, 2010, 06:21 AM
Works great.
fleeper

BrunoMac
Nov 10, 2010, 06:20 PM
The Netflix app works....but it is an embarrassment.

It is by far one of the worst apps in the App Store. It isn't even an app, it is a copy/paste of their awful website. You can't rate movies on the iPad in the app or the website and they seem unconcerned with users being unable to do that.

It is a huge missed opportunity for a company that seems so forward thinking.

A little harsh to me, it's one of my favorite apps. Love it!!

tkingart
Nov 10, 2010, 06:30 PM
Movies/TV shows stream fine, with only a couple of hick-ups that were so bad that I had to reset my iPad in order to get Netflix to even launch all the way. This is over a WiFi connection using a new Cisco E3000 router and 28mbit cable connection where I average between 50-60mbits, so I assume it was either due to a hick-up at Netflix or my cable service. My router has worked flawlessly so I doubt it was that.

Still, I'd say Netflix is an awesome thing to have on the iPad, again- I only had a "few" hick-ups, the quality was great except for the 4 episodes of LEXX. ;)

wesk702
Nov 10, 2010, 09:51 PM
I use cox cable 2nd highest tier
New airport extreme
Air video and Netflix work perfect for me as well.
Couldn't be happier with it.

Dorkington
Nov 11, 2010, 12:30 PM
The Netflix app itself is horrible. It's just a version of their website, and thus is kind of laggy on the iPad. It'd be better if they made a fresh, native app for iOS like they did for the iPhone/iPad and other mobile devices.

That being said..

Streaming quality and selection are both excellent. It all depends on your connection, if you are using a decent WiFi connection, it'll be pretty clear. If you are using a slower 3G connection, it'll be a little pixelated, but still plenty fine, imo.

vidsmart
Nov 14, 2010, 01:17 PM
Slightly off topic: I just ordered Scosche sneakPEAK HD Component Audio/Video Cable to output Neflix from my iPad to my plasma. Works fine. Much cheaper than the Apple cables