Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

VeNoMiZeD

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 14, 2008
San Francisco
iPhone 4 owners feedback needed with POWERBEATS:

First day of use for the most part everything was fine. I still felt the earpieces moving away from the ear canal which then made the headphones sound flat. I haven't changed the earpieces yet but my biggest concern is I'm having communication issues with the headphones to the iPhone 4. It will randomly activate voice control, forward the song, change the song, atop playing the song, or garble out the song. I've only worn these headphones twice. I don't know if it's a compatibility issue with the iPhone or my sweat interfering with the control talk. Anybody else having issues? I hope it's just a defective headphones.

Also, I've rebooted the phone multiple times and when I disconnect the headphones the phone works fine.

Silverknight

macrumors newbie
Feb 6, 2011
Im having the same problem,

Just bought power beats by dre a couple of hours ago, and as soon as ive attached them to my iphone 4, its randomly activating voice control or fast forwarding tracks.

They sound and fit great, but not sure what to do now, gonna try to see if i can de- activate voice control and see if that helps.

SchneiderMan

macrumors G3
May 25, 2008
Do yourself a favor and return them or sell them and get yourself a pair of a-Jays Four.

ac921ol

macrumors 6502
Feb 1, 2011
Going with the a-jays after the review.
Will seems like they would work with Any case or bumper. Right?

SchneiderMan

macrumors G3
May 25, 2008
Going with the a-jays after the review.
Will seems like they would work with Any case or bumper. Right?

Not any case but most yes. Bumper included.

Do the a-jays Four work with the e13ctron case or does the L-shaped plug cause a problem?

No it works great. The L plug is designed with with some space from the flat body so it can fit in tight spaces.

VeNoMiZeD

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 14, 2008
San Francisco
So when I posted this a while back no one had feedback for me. Eventually I figured it out and wasn't something I was happy to do. These headphones are meant for workouts. I do a lot of running and sweat after 20-30 minutes into my run. So what would happen is the control talk would get in contact with my sweat, either from dripping off my face or the control talk slapping my neck. When that would happen, that's when the control talk would go haywire and either forward the song, rewind, stop etc...So in order to stop doing that I had to buy a headphone extension cord that didn't have control talk on it. Basically what that did was deactivate it. That was the only way I figured how to disable it. So everything worked fine after that, until recently the ear pieces no matter how I adjusted it would still make my headphones come out a little. So it would make the headphones sound flat, like some $5 koss TJMAXX headphones. Luckily I bought my headphones at Best Buy with the warranty plan, so I just replaced them. I would not recommend these headphones for this price. They sound great when everything is working. If you insist on buying them like I did, buy them at Best Buy with a warranty. Anywhere else it is not worth it. If you buy them to look cute on the bus but don't actually use them to workout, then I guess they'll work fine lol... Good Luck with what you decide.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.