PDA

View Full Version : Problems with Apple TV 2 and Netflix

Paul S
Nov 9, 2010, 09:13 PM
Netflix has been working just fine until this evening. Now, I cannot log in at all. I have checked my username and password by logging in on my computer, iphone and ipad. Instant Watch works just fine on those devices. When I go to log in, it gives me a "cannot configure device" error. So far, I have reset it multiple times (menu + down and unplugging), and did a "restore", which updated the software (not that it needed it).

I have no idea what could be wrong with it. YouTube, iTunes, etc. all work on the Apple TV.

Anyone else having problems?

From A Buick 8
Nov 9, 2010, 09:17 PM
Netflix has been working just fine until this evening. Now, I cannot log in at all. I have checked my username and password by logging in on my computer, iphone and ipad. Instant Watch works just fine on those devices. When I go to log in, it gives me a "cannot configure device" error. So far, I have reset it multiple times (menu + down and unplugging), and did a "restore", which updated the software (not that it needed it).

I have no idea what could be wrong with it. YouTube, iTunes, etc. all work on the Apple TV.

Anyone else having problems?

Good to know i m not the only one

pasipple
Nov 9, 2010, 09:29 PM
Same problem here....

A couple of hours ago I called Netflix and there was a voice message stating that Netflix was aware they are having issues. The greeting did not even allow connection to a live operator....so I'm guessing they are swamped.

It's not a problem with the ATV2.

David085
Nov 9, 2010, 09:57 PM
Yeah I think netflix isn't working for anyone else either I not a subscriber so I not really sure but it isn't working for anyone else either so you're the not the only one.

Zonyc
Nov 10, 2010, 04:49 PM
Just do a hard reset (pull out the power cable, then plug it back in). This should resolve the issue.

Paul S
Nov 15, 2010, 11:07 AM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

It started working again later that day (9th). This morning, the same issue. Maybe they can't handle all of these new ATV owners.