PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts about iPad apps

stonegammage
Nov 10, 2010, 05:58 AM
Okay guys. My second post here. So, what do you think about the iPad apps and what iOS 4.2 will bring to both the iPad and iPhone 4? What are some apps that let it live up to it's name as the iPad (Apple's tablet computer?) What are some of the best apps? Thanks.

Pinger
Nov 10, 2010, 03:11 PM
Okay guys. My second post here. So, what do you think about the iPad apps and what iOS 4.2 will bring to both the iPad and iPhone 4? What are some apps that let it live up to it's name as the iPad (Apple's tablet computer?) What are some of the best apps? Thanks.

Just my opinion(apps that I need/use other then preloaded musts like iPod, Mail, Photo, Safari ect..)
1. Pages
2. New York Times
3. Pandora
4. Weather Channel
5 . iBooks
6. PS EXpress(Photoshop for iPad from Adobe)
7. FaceBook
8. Netflix
9. ESPN Sports
10. YouTube
11 GAMES(Chess, Air Hockey, Tilt to Live, Freecell, GT Racing &Gravity HD)

I have many more but these are my mainstays ...
I'll be interested in seeing what others like...

stonegammage
Nov 21, 2010, 08:33 PM
Is there an iPad app for Facebook yet?

Warbrain
Nov 21, 2010, 09:04 PM

No but there are apps like Friendly that you can use.

stuartmeyers
Nov 22, 2010, 04:18 AM

I just use the browser version. Soemtimes the apps aren't as good as the webpage (eg my banks apps) whereas I do use the Twitter iPad app.

I don't think there are any killer apps but many good ones. It just depends what you like to use on the computer, but better because it's easy on the lounge, take anywhere, ... Or just prefer the interface.

Personally, I use safari, pages, note plus, Ted, iPod, Good reader, adobe ideas. They are my front page icons.

stonegammage
Mar 5, 2011, 10:36 AM
Ok guys so it's been a while since I've commented. These are my all time favorite ipad apps.
1)safari
2)pages
3)photogene
4)fx studio hd
5) iTunes
6) app store
6) Netflix
8) mail
9) nfs shift
10) words with friends.

They're all terrific.

iPadLad
Mar 5, 2011, 08:46 PM
The combo of Dropbox + GoodReader has been phenomenal. Can't say how many times its been helpful. I can store a save a document on any of my computers and then I can take it with me and access it on the ipad. I've been really happy w/ those ones.

Sparky9292
Mar 6, 2011, 02:13 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

The combo of Dropbox + GoodReader has been phenomenal. Can't say how many times its been helpful. I can store a save a document on any of my computers and then I can take it with me and access it on the ipad. I've been really happy w/ those ones.

Yep goodreader basically turns the iPad from a plaything to useful

I also like FTP on the Go.

TheSkinsFactory
Mar 6, 2011, 07:38 PM
I've been using iPad since Day One. My favorites Apps and not in any particular order:

1. Air Video: You can stream any type of video file just about to your iPad... .MKV, .AVi, etc. Just a great app. You can even convert those formats to an iPad-friendly format for viewing later.

2. Zen Viewer: This is our app. It's what GoodReader could have been if they actually had a user interface designer working on their app. And yes it works with DropBox.

3. Twitter: Hands down one of the nicest user interfaces on the iPad. I love the swipe functionality and cascading windows. Just an incredible job.

4. Remote: If you have an Apple TV, this is a must-have app.

5. IMDB: I'm a movie nut, so this is one of my favorites. I don't like how some of the UI handles but overall a well-done app.

6. App Store: I just love it, what can I say. It's one of the few apps i look at daily.

7. AppAdvice: This is a great way to preview new apps. I can't tell you how many times I've purchases apps because i tapped that app open and read the reviews. Love the layout and format.

8. Flipboard: This app is a stroke of genius. Great for casual social network reading. Inventive platform.

rachelle038
Mar 10, 2011, 03:20 PM
The combo of Dropbox + GoodReader has been phenomenal.

I use these two apps too! It's amazing how well they complement each other and provide you with the most productive results. Anyway, here are my Top 12 favorite iPad apps:

1. GoodReader
2. Dropbox
3. Mail
4. Safari
5. iTunes
6. Pages
7. Things
8. Kindle
9. Reeder
10. Netflix
11. Twitter
12. Air Video

There are many more apps to mention, but these are the ones I use on a daily basis. ;)

Stirolak123
Mar 10, 2011, 03:44 PM
Anything ganeloft makes is win.