Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lastmandown

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 10, 2010
Hello all, so to make a long story short, my friend spilled a glass of water on my macbook. Did the rice thing and other tricks, nothing worked. I got a new one from him and I would like to sell my old one for parts on ebay. I am obviously going to be very specific as to what happened with the laptop and it will be sold "as-is for parts." Not expecting to make a killing or anything but wouldn't mind a little money for it.

So here is the problem. I can't access any of my files on my hard-drive to delete before selling. So I figured my best bet would just be to remove the hard-drive and not include it. And really the point of all this is to ask the somewhat obvious question: if i remove my hard-drive and sell this computer for the parts (sceen, keyboard, shell, etc...) on ebay, the winner, will not be able to access anything that had to do with my settings, files, programs, or anything else i had on my hard-drive, correct?

I really am doubting they would be able to access anything, just wanted to hear it from someone who knows a little more about macs than I do.

Thanks

Yanal

macrumors newbie
Aug 3, 2009
everything is stored on the hard drive, remove it and no one will be able to access anything at all..

Yanal

macrumors newbie
Aug 3, 2009
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

No problem, I buy broken macs, I can buy from you if it's priced reasonably

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.