Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dhisey

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
I trashed the folder my files were linked to... no big deal I didn't even empty it and I have backups anyway. So I just restored the folder, easy enough. I go to relink my files and the box is acting odd. It says there are 350 files missing, and shows none of them. The only thing it says it can't find is the partition they are on. But then I can hit locate and navigate to them manually, also no problem. But when I select one to relink (with the "relink in pathway" box checked), it only relinks that one. No mater what combination of clips I select, it will only relink one at a time. No error message either. So I gave up and decided to relink 350 clips one at a time. If that's not bad enough I got about 1/3 of the way through and realized I renamed some clips, so now I can't match those to the original file without going through, physically watching them, and guessing which one is which. I would just start over... except I'm in film school and this is my senior project and I've been editing for over three weeks. Any advice at all would be incredibly appreciated!!

Drew

(FPC 6.0.6)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.