Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JohnMC

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 5, 2006
Duluth, MN
Hi All --

It is time to discuss our next fortnightly challenge topic, so if you have any ideas please share them here. Also, since our last topic ended up being a bust (kind off), I want to know if people would like to take a break for the holidays. This new challenge will almost at the end of the month, so the question is, should we take December off and restart the challenge in January? Any thought or opinions are welcome.

John

fcortese

macrumors demi-god
Apr 3, 2010
Big Sky country
Yes, Thanksgiving through to the new year will be hectic. A break during the holdiays sounds like a great idea. I am not sure what to do between now and Thanksgiving. I'm Ok either way, trying one more before Thanksgiving or waiting out until the new year. If we do one-how about colors or autumn (althought there ahve been a lot of autumn-type photos submitted on the November POD). Just a thought.

Designer Dale

macrumors 68040
Mar 25, 2009
Folding space
A break after this Challenge would be a good idea. It seems to me that it's time to sit back and take a second look at how the Challenge fits into DP in general. It seems to have lost it's "Post a photo and lets talk about it" thing that we started out with. Exploring photography on a common topic.

My laundry list of ideas:

Photo Rules from: From Amateur Snapper

Balancing Elements
Viewpoint
Background
Framing
Cropping

Other ideas:

Toys
Water
Buildings
Points of Interest
Patterns and Shapes
Geometry
Seasonal Changes

Dale

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.