Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Seamaster

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 24, 2003
eames%204_0000_1.jpg

Link

Last edited by a moderator:

Built

macrumors 68020
Oct 3, 2007
Los Angeles
Meh.

Not for close to 260 bucks....

For that money, they should not only play music all night but cook me breakfast in the morning, as well.

Seamaster

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 24, 2003
If the uniformly effusive reviews are to be trusted, this is a case of getting what you pay for.

Shaneuk

macrumors regular
Aug 29, 2010
If it comes down in price I would consider it, but I would have to have a look at it in real life first.

bmat

macrumors 6502
Nov 24, 2004
East Coast, USA
What I'd like is a bluetooth speaker system that permits your iPod to connect to multiple of them at the same time, so music could be streamed to different rooms. I have some creative d200s and wish that my iPhone could connect to both at the same time to stream music.

Does this do that?

mac jones

macrumors 68040
Apr 6, 2006
Buying $$$ speakers becuase they look cool, may not be the best option.
(Bose comes to mind), all though they may sound great.

For small speakers "Soundmatters" probably are the best (by far even).

highlightt

macrumors newbie
Dec 30, 2009
Got it yesterday for 148plus tax (because of the apple bf sale). The sound quality is satisfying but not good enough when u want to match it to some USB speakers like the yamaha one. I'd say it is enough for my daily use and feel like 150 is an ok price for it, not a deal tho, just barely ok. 200 is definitely no go.

I am very interested in trying out how this works out in car so that a I can do sort of hands free calling with this while driving. Will report back once I tried.

Amazing Iceman

macrumors 603
Nov 8, 2008
Florida, U.S.A.
Nice and Portable, if it's to be used as a portable device. For home, I would rather get an AirPort Express and connect it to an existing stereo system or powered speakers.

These speakers work on rechargeable batteries, so the question would be: are these batteries user replaceable? If yes, how much?

Built

macrumors 68020
Oct 3, 2007
Los Angeles
Have you read some of the reviews "this thing" is getting?

Hit Google, kid, and report back.

PCMag...

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2372036,00.asp

Pros

Solid, unique design. Easy to use. Supports apps.
Cons

Poor sound quality.
Bottom Line

The Aliph Jawbone Jambox Bluetooth speaker's great pedigree and solid feature set can't make up for the fact that it simply sounds bad.

------------------------

This is enough for me...as well as feedback on here from actual buyers which is hardly "effusive."

High-priced junk where form trumps function.

Next!

AlexAMoser

macrumors newbie
Nov 19, 2010
Comment

It looks nice but based on what I'm hearing sounds like the sound is not that great.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.