Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mintlivedotcom

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 21, 2004
I don't know why I thought to type in iLife '05 in the eBay search (okay, I was bored...and I already ordered it last night). If you pay attention to the listing...you will notice that the seller is doing something VERY NAUGHTY. Notice the words "will be OPEN" and "As soon as I get iLife I will be shipping it to you."

Made me laugh.

What a deal on iLife '05 (NOT)

mslifkin

macrumors regular
May 14, 2004
New Jersey
Yeah, I just did a search on "iPod Shuffle" and got 132 hits, one for as much as $280. I read a review of the iPod Shuffle yesterday by a couple of guys that were at MacWorld SF. The article said that right after the keynote, they walked around the block to the Apple store and each bought two. It went on to say that people were buying 6-8 of them at a clip, "probably to put on EBay". I guess they were correct. The guy that you found obviously has no qualms about stealing software, otherwise why would the box be "open"? Me, I ordered the Family Pack, as I've got 4 Macs, and the peace of mind was certainly worth the extra $20. Anyway, I guess it takes all kinds, and I really shouldn't be surprised, but it's just amazing what some people will do to make a quick buck. Enjoy your iLife when you get it ... I know that I will!

Regards,
Marc

baby duck monge

macrumors 68000
Feb 16, 2003
Memphis, TN
i love how he also says the opened software will be unregistered. i can't say i remember ever having to register iLife software... he wants to imply that he is not going to install it, but then why open it? silly people with their lying and their trickery and whatnot... :rolleyes:

markjones05

macrumors 6502a
Jan 15, 2003
Brooklyn, NY
When Tiger is released, will it have iLife 05? Jobs said all new macs come with iLife 05. Does that just mean that the install disks for all new macs will have iLife 05 on it or does that include seperate versions of Tiger that are bought seperately without a new mac? Do I really have to buy both?

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
markjones05 said:
When Tiger is released, will it have iLife 05? Jobs said all new macs come with iLife 05. Does that just mean that the install disks for all new macs will have iLife 05 on it or does that include seperate versions of Tiger that are bought seperately without a new mac? Do I really have to buy both?
Tiger does not include iLife. New Macs include it along with the current OS. So you'd need to buy both.

mslifkin

macrumors regular
May 14, 2004
New Jersey
markjones05 said:

Tiger will not have iLife 05, so you will have to buy it. The Mac Mini is the first Mac that will have iLife 05 bundled and installed. If you were to buy a Mac today, it would have iLife 04, but you could upgrade to iLife 05 for $19.95.

Regards,
Marc

maya

macrumors 68040
Oct 7, 2004
somewhere between here and there.
markjones05 said:

Sure when Tiger is released and you decide to buy a Mac mini after that you will get iLife "05 on the same disc as Tiger. :)

That is pretty much the only way you will ever have Tiger and iLife "05 in the same package. :)

jaw04005

macrumors 601
Aug 19, 2003
AR
My copy of Panther shipped with iMovie, iPhoto, and iTunes. Of course this was part of the original iLife and previously iMovie & iPhoto were free. So I would say no on Tiger.

DougJrS

macrumors regular
Mar 21, 2004
Kansas City
mslifkin said:
Tiger will not have iLife 05, so you will have to buy it. The Mac Mini is the first Mac that will have iLife 05 bundled and installed. If you were to buy a Mac today, it would have iLife 04, but you could upgrade to iLife 05 for $19.95.

Regards,
Marc

Is the 19.95 upgrade only for new Macs? Can I upgrade my PowerMac that I got last spring for $20 or do I buy the whole thing?

Doug

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
DougJrS said:
Is the 19.95 upgrade only for new Macs? Can I upgrade my PowerMac that I got last spring for $20 or do I buy the whole thing?

Doug
You have to buy the whole thing. The upgrades are only good, generally, for systems purchased after a new release is announced.

cgratti

macrumors 6502a
Dec 28, 2004
Central Pennsylvania, USA
mintlivedotcom said:
I don't know why I thought to type in iLife '05 in the eBay search (okay, I was bored...and I already ordered it last night). If you pay attention to the listing...you will notice that the seller is doing something VERY NAUGHTY. Notice the words "will be OPEN" and "As soon as I get iLife I will be shipping it to you."

Made me laugh.

What a deal on iLife '05 (NOT)

The creep is buying iLife and going to burn himself a copy and sell you the origional. Wouldn't touch that with a 50' pole. Sounds like trouble to me...

He needs to be hung by his testicles

mintlivedotcom

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 21, 2004
Amazing...

As of this post, the auction is about the same price I just paid for iLife (EDU discount). Proof that some people are fools and others are foolers.

sjpetry

macrumors 65816
Oct 28, 2004
Tamarindo, Costa Rica
I e-mailed everyone who bidded on the item and told them not to buy it. I also e-mailed the seller and told him that I reported him to eBay to freak him out( I didn't though). :p

tsk

macrumors 6502a
Jan 14, 2004
Wisconsin
sjpetry said:
I e-mailed everyone who bidded on the item and told them not to buy it. I also e-mailed the seller and told him that I reported him to eBay to freak him out( I didn't though). :p

How do you email bidders? I notice that when I click on the bidder, I'm just brought to his feedback rating.

I know you can then track through his feedback and find items he sold and email that way. But that's not guaranteed.

sjpetry

macrumors 65816
Oct 28, 2004
Tamarindo, Costa Rica
tsk said:
How do you email bidders? I notice that when I click on the bidder, I'm just brought to his feedback rating.

I know you can then track through his feedback and find items he sold and email that way. But that's not guaranteed.

Right by the price that the product is selling for is history - bids click on it and then contact the members that bid on the product. I only contacted the members that bid as on my last post.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.