Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Solafaa

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
I have a friend who i email everyday with funny movies/pics extra. I found this very funny movie clip which is 60MB and i would like to know how i could upload it to .mac and give him a link so that he could download it.

Never used .Mac (except for email) and i have no idea what to do. Thanks.

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
Solafaa said:
I have a friend who i email everyday with funny movies/pics extra. I found this very funny movie clip which is 60MB and i would like to know how i could upload it to .mac and give him a link so that he could download it.

Never used .Mac (except for email) and i have no idea what to do. Thanks.

Your friend will need the .mac utility found here

Woof, Woof - Dawg

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
The utility will work for him; place the file in your Public folder and make sure it either has no password protection or that he knows the password.

Edit: go to http://www.mac.com, log in, go to "HomePage" tab, you'll see the settings there.

annk

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 18, 2004
Somewhere over the rainbow
I don't understand why the person on the other end would need a utility.

I've used my .mac membership to put files for download on my server space, and all I've had to do is send them the link that comes up at the end of the process. A window that facilitates sending people an e-mail to let them know about the site even comes up - you just have to choose the design and type in the mail addresses.

I haven't done this much, but the little I've done has worked this way, if I'm remembering everything right.

So what's the deal with the utility??

aricher

macrumors 68020
Feb 20, 2004
Chi-il
Used to be they needed a utility - Apple has fixed this. I know there are cheaper alternatives to .Mac but I actually ended up buying MORE space - the ease of use and tight integration with the iApps sold me. I'm hoping that the PC users I've sold on the Mac Mini will give .Mac a try - and give me the discount on renewal in the process. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.