Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

slughead

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 28, 2004
Mac Pro 1,1 with ATI 4950. 3 monitors. I installed 10.6.5 yesterday and it ran as normal before this incident.

I played an epic game this morning and everything was working fine. I quit the game, took a break for a few hours, and when I went to launch the game again and it freezes at the "login" window.

Sometimes it crashes before the window comes up--the animated background of the ringed planet on the right freezes.

Usually I can use the mouse, and Cmd+Q works (albeit laggy as hell), but I can't type in my password, Cmd+M doesn't work.

I've put in a lot of hours in this game, this is the first time it's done this.

I've tried restarting, using the "SwitchSC2.app", tried direct-starting from within the map editor--this gets it past the opening screen and into the game, but when the map is over, it displays the ringed planet background and freezes before the score screen appears.

I think I have to reinstall, but I was wondering if anyone had any other ideas

Origin

macrumors regular
Aug 11, 2006
Nantes, France
same thing here in France !

It seems to be a more "general problem". And the battle.net site is off for maintenance !

I HATE online licenses checking :(

vincenz

macrumors 601
Oct 20, 2008
Happened to me too yesterday. Kind of stupid how the game won't even let you play single player without having to log into bnet. :mad:

senc01a

macrumors regular
May 31, 2007
I have an iMac 27 i7 with ATI HD 4850, I just updated to 10.6.5 and I am NOT experiencing that problem.
Good luck solving it.

BillyQuith

macrumors newbie
Nov 16, 2010
Mac Pro 1,1 with ATI 4950. 3 monitors. I installed 10.6.5 yesterday and it ran as normal before this incident.

Sometimes it crashes before the window comes up--the animated background of the ringed planet on the right freezes.

[...]

I think I have to reinstall, but I was wondering if anyone had any other ideas

I think this happens because 10.6.5 contains driver updates. Please read:

http://chinbilly.blogspot.com/2010/11/starcraft-2-hang-on-mac-1065-fix.html

Hope this sorts your problem. It frustrated me for a while but seems to be sorted now. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.