Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bill Gates

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jun 21, 2006
I've been using a Moshi ClearGuard KB protector for a while but haven't been happy with the fact that it gets cloudy over time and requires frequent cleaning to restore. I bought the Marware keyboard protector shown here because it looks nice and shouldn't have the same issue with clouding. My only issue with it is that it doesn't fit properly over the enter and shift keys, so the wording on the protector itself is not lined up with the wording on the key below. Does anyone else own this protector? Does yours have the same issue? I'm trying to figure out whether mine is defective or if it's a design flaw.

Sti-R

macrumors member
Jun 7, 2009
I've been using a Moshi ClearGuard KB protector for a while but haven't been happy with the fact that it gets cloudy over time and requires frequent cleaning to restore. I bought the Marware keyboard protector shown here because it looks nice and shouldn't have the same issue with clouding. My only issue with it is that it doesn't fit properly over the enter and shift keys, so the wording on the protector itself is not lined up with the wording on the key below. Does anyone else own this protector? Does yours have the same issue? I'm trying to figure out whether mine is defective or if it's a design flaw.

Mine's fit just fin over the shift and enter key, as I look over at it right now on my keyboard. I think you should try and get a replacement cover.

Resist

macrumors 68040
Jan 15, 2008
I also have the Moshi and just noticed the cloudy issue you are talking about. To bad because I really like how well the fits over the keys, so I wonder if the issue is because it's made out of urethane.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.