PDA

View Full Version : remote desktop app

accordingi2ime
Nov 12, 2010, 08:00 PM
Hi.
I just got an ipad and am looking for a remote desktop app to access my computers at home and office. (2 macs 1 pc)

Is there one that is better?
There seems to be many choices. logmein and iteleport look like they are pretty good.
Any of them do sound?

Any thought appreciated.

Thanks in advance. ;)

mudslag
Nov 12, 2010, 09:12 PM
There is a number of options out there from LogMeIn to VNCs and RDP. Iv tried most of them and have found VNC to be the fastest. I run 3 different VNC servers from multiple locations and think VNC is the fastest option. I use REAl VNC server with the Real VNC Viewer. Iv tried iteleport and it worked well but IMO VNC Viewer was just as good and prob a better match for the Real VNC server. Logmein is super slow next to a vnc and so was RDP.

thedoctor9
Nov 12, 2010, 09:31 PM
I'm using team viewer 5. Works for me. Try it because it is free anyway.

Airmark1
Nov 12, 2010, 09:40 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

TeamViewer rocks. You can access your computer via: iPad, iPhone, iPod touch and otter computers. Best yet, its free for non comercial use.

mudslag
Nov 12, 2010, 10:19 PM

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

TeamViewer rocks. You can access your computer via: iPad, iPhone, iPod touch and otter computers. Best yet, its free for non comercial use.

That to was another I tried and still slower, I hope you all know you can setup free VNC servers.

OP you might want to look at this thread
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=900457

OSMac
Nov 13, 2010, 07:33 AM
Splashtop remote is the best for pc access via wifi.
Amazing speed for flash videos and flash games.

TorontoLRT
Nov 13, 2010, 09:24 AM
I like Splashtop as well.

DaWeav
Nov 13, 2010, 09:42 PM
Jump Desktop (http://appshopper.com/business/jump-desktop-remote-desktop) for me since it does both RDP and VNC, and it saves all my configured clients to the cloud so if I reinstall it, I just login and it resync's all my configured remote clients so there's no reprogramming all the sessions. It also allows me to manipulate the RDP sessions so I can use 768x1024 (portrait) instead of just the default 1024x768 (landscape).

mudslag
Nov 13, 2010, 10:12 PM
I like Splashtop as well.

to bad it wont work with multiple monitors. I think I might like it more if the ipad res was bigger as well. VNC IMO is still better.

jh042
Nov 16, 2010, 10:35 AM
Teamviewer works well but MAC is still on version 4 and they have said nothing about when it will be updated to version 5.

Now they have version 6 for windows in beta and they still won't say if MAC will ever be upgraded to version 5 or 6.

The support they give to the MAC users sucks.

gnychis
Nov 16, 2010, 10:51 AM
i dig vnc