Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rhaynes74

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 13, 2010
Hi - this morning my macbook pro attempted to apply the latest os x upgrades as well as the latest itunes upgrade. Something went wrong and I was left with a blue screen for a couple of hours. I rebooted but nothing - just a spinning icon on the gray screen. I attempted to boot into safe mode no luck.

I have some older install discs - 10.5.6 - it is safe to use those to try to resuscitate the system?

RH

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen
Have you tried any of these steps?

Btw, what exact update are you referring to, as Mac OS X 10.6.5 just came out, but you talk about having 10.5.6 DVDs, which is strange, as you must have a 10.6 DVD somewhere, otherwise you wouldn't have been able to update to 10.6.5, unless you mean a totally different update.

"How to maximise your MacRumors troubleshooting experience" created by mad jew in 2006

MRoogle is a good tool to search these fora for already existing threads about questions you have. It might be able to answer you quicker than waiting for an answer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.