Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cliko

Suspended
Original poster
Jul 22, 2009
Every now and again, once every few months or so, my Time machine doesn't back up. Usually, unplugging my Airport Extreme and replugging fixes it just fine. Well, it fixed it, but ever since then my iPod touch 4g and my friend's iPhone 4 don't connect. I have tried:

Resetting the network settings
Re configuring the Airport Extreme
And a whole lot of other stuff that I can't remember because I'm tired.

The strange thing is that my Macbook pro can connect.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

PS on my Nintendo Wii the network doesn't show up at all... weird...
PPS My iPod touch is jailbroken but the iPhone isn't
PPPS dont you hate it when people keep writing more 'PS's' at the end of their posts?

cliko

Suspended
Original poster
Jul 22, 2009
OK, I went to Software Updates, it said there are no updates available.

Mr Slippy IV

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2010
Vail, AZ
The first thing to try is to assign each device an IP address from http://192.168.0.1

After that, set up each device manually using the same IP addresses you put in the modem config. Also, forward the following ports on each IP address. This should increase connectivity.

88 UDP
3074 UDP
3074 TCP

Let me know how it works!

cliko

Suspended
Original poster
Jul 22, 2009
I'm not sure how to do that, could you please walk me through it? You've been a great help so far, thanks!

cliko

Suspended
Original poster
Jul 22, 2009
The only box that I use to connect to the internet, besides my Airport Extreme, is a router. It's a D-Link DSL-504T ADSL2+, if that helps.

Mr Slippy IV

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2010
Vail, AZ
The only box that I use to connect to the internet, besides my Airport Extreme, is a router. It's a D-Link DSL-504T ADSL2+, if that helps.

That would indicate that one of your routers is also functioning as a modem. Which is directly connected to the internet, and which is bridging the signal?

cliko

Suspended
Original poster
Jul 22, 2009
I only have one router, the D-Link one.
Geez I feel like such a n00b... lol

cliko

Suspended
Original poster
Jul 22, 2009
An airport is a router? See, I'm a noob :eek: . Anyway, the D-link one is connected straight to the internet, which then goes to the Airport.

cliko

Suspended
Original poster
Jul 22, 2009
If anyone wants to know, about a week after my last post the wifi just started working again with no warning. Anyway, today i updated the firmware for the airport and now it has stopped working again. I guess I will just wait for a few weeks again :/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.