Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

crackstein

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 25, 2010
This is my macbook pro specification.

13": 2.66G

Intel Core 2 Duo-prosessor
4 GB Hukommelse
350 GB harddisk1
NVIDIA GeForce 320M-grafikkprosessor

With this specification, After Effects runs just fine. But when I preview the video, it can't even play smoothly even in 50% ratio. What's your computer specification if you use After Effects?

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen
It depends on how many effects you have in your composition and how big the resolution of that composition is.

Can you tell us that, as I currently work my way through AE CS5 to learn it on my C2D 2GHz iMac with 4GB RAM and I don't have problems with, even when rendering a preview into my slow RAM.

crackstein

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 25, 2010
this video..

It depends on how many effects you have in your composition and how big the resolution of that composition is.

Can you tell us that, as I currently work my way through AE CS5 to learn it on my C2D 2GHz iMac with 4GB RAM and I don't have problems with, even when rendering a preview into my slow RAM.

This is the video I'm rendering http://videohive.net/item/beam-me-up/109975

TMRaven

macrumors 68020
Nov 5, 2009
Resolution, codec used, filters used and effects used all slow the rendering process.

1920x1080 is a very large resolution, and that will take a while.

If you're using any advanced codec like x264/h264 with all of its high profile bells and whistles (ie large amounts of reference frames, pyramidal b frames, custom bitrate allocation curves) your encode will be slowed down tremendously compared to lesser codecs like motion jpeg or xvid.

Some filters really slow down your encode, like the super high quality tempgaussmc deinterlacer.

In short, all these reasons are why people go to great lengths to purchase very powerful computers if they do lots of video rendering.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.