PDA

View Full Version : what do you all think about this...

krossfyter
Aug 29, 2002, 05:28 PM
review....

http://www.osnews.com/story.php?news_id=1611

krossfyter
Aug 29, 2002, 06:50 PM
i guess it sux aye???

please any intellegent responses would be appreciated. long or short.

what about this....

http://www.digitalvideoediting.com/2002/07_jul/features/cw_macvspc2.htm

job
Aug 29, 2002, 06:57 PM
to each his own.

i'd like to think that jaguar brings X up to where it should be.

but then, i have not used any variant of X since my own mac died so yea....

krossfyter
Aug 29, 2002, 07:00 PM
are these tests true though? are they legit? anybody know?

ya i wonder if jag would bring it up to speed. ive got some pc guy stuffing these in my email box. he wants to challenge me. im not a tech guy though im just an artist.

alex_ant
Aug 29, 2002, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by krossfyter
are these tests true though? are they legit? anybody know?
I would trust the review. The author is an avid BeOS fan, which is why she has such high standards for performance. Actually I consider that the most unbiased and accurate Jaguar review I've yet read. It's much better than the Macworld reviews which sound more like PR announcements than objective reviews. She gave it an 8.4/10, which is pretty good considering all the minor issues she had and her high standards.

Mr. Anderson
Aug 29, 2002, 07:40 PM
the tests seem to be real, I'm thinking they're not out to prove one machine is better because of personal bias, but because of professional reasons.

This dv render off has been around for a bit - it would be interesting to see what the new machines would do. But I mentioned this before in the other thread about this comparison - Apple really can't compete until it gets a *single* cpu that can go head to head with intel/AMD. Apple's relying on two processors just to stay in the game, barely.

I'm hoping for good things next year and a boost in the pants from IBM.

D

Durandal7
Aug 29, 2002, 07:51 PM
I found most of the cons to be valid. And hey, 8.4/10 isn't that bad.

krossfyter
Aug 29, 2002, 11:46 PM
okay cool thanks guys.