Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MikeinJapan

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 23, 2010
Tokyo
Hey guys

I need to move my Aperture (3) library to my Mac Mini that is running iPhoto '11. How can I do this?

netdog

macrumors 603
Feb 6, 2006
London
To access your Aperture library:

Choose File > Show Aperture Library.
The same view of your Aperture library organization that you see in Aperture appears on the left side of the window.
To move photos from your Aperture library to your iPhoto library, select the photos in your Aperture library and drag them into iPhoto.
A duplicate of the photo or photos now exists in both applications, but they’re completely separate. If you edit the photo in iPhoto, those edits do not affect the copy in your Aperture library, and vice versa.
If you don’t see your Aperture library, open Aperture, choose Aperture Preferences, and make sure you’ve selected the checkbox to “Share previews with iLife and iWork.”

gurth4ng

macrumors newbie
Sep 1, 2008
Europe
Careful!! I believe that doing this, you will end up moving to iPhoto *only* the Previews of photos in Aperture!

You are losing both the Masters and the Versions!

The correct way to move would be to use the Export options in Aperture's File menu.

John T

macrumors 68020
Mar 18, 2006
UK.
Careful!! I believe that doing this, you will end up moving to iPhoto *only* the Previews of photos in Aperture!

You are losing both the Masters and the Versions!

The correct way to move would be to use the Export options in Aperture's File menu.

Absolutely!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.