PDA

View Full Version : Noob question about Citrix

lexvo
Nov 14, 2010, 07:59 AM
What are the steps on using Citrix on a iMac? My wife has to access systems for her work, but they don't give support for Apple (only PC).

Citrix is totally new for me and I'm confused what I should install. I tried several times the last months but somehow things won't work. For this very reason, we still keep our old PC, on which I got Citrix working.

So, it there anywhere a step-by-step guide on installing and using Citrix on a Mac? I tried the Citrix site, but I found it even more confusing: so many products, which do I need? I also searched the threads on these forums, but only found links to websites which no longer exist.

Thanks in advance.

cdte92
Nov 14, 2010, 08:22 AM
I just moved to a mac from Windows recently and had the same problem. I found the Citrix online plug-in worked for me. Link is http://www.citrix.com/English/ss/downloads/results.asp?productID=186&c1=sot2755&c2=ost12726

SteveG4Cube
Nov 14, 2010, 08:26 AM
http://community.citrix.com/display/ocb/2009/08/12/XenApp+Plugin+and+Dazzle+for+Mac+OS+X+-+Released%21

Download the plug-in and give it a try. You may also need her company's IT dept to supply a certificate.

lexvo
Nov 14, 2010, 10:02 AM
I just moved to a mac from Windows recently and had the same problem. I found the Citrix online plug-in worked for me. Link is http://www.citrix.com/English/ss/downloads/results.asp?productID=186&c1=sot2755&c2=ost12726

Thanks. I downloaded and installed Dazzle. Do I have to do something at this point or can I try and login now? Dazzle says "you are not connected to a store"

When I start Safari, I can login to the remote network, but when I try to access the desktop I get an error message.

cdte92
Nov 14, 2010, 12:49 PM
my work send out an ICA file which the citrix client picks up and everything just works from there on in. Maybe you can ask tech support at your wifes work - or maybe you have details of what is installed on her windows laptop and we can take it from there as we should be able to work out how that works and give you info on an equivalent that will work on the mac

lexvo
Nov 14, 2010, 01:41 PM
When I installed Citrix on our Windows PC, it worked immediately. That's why I had hope that it would be easy on the Mac too. The helpdesk of my wife's work say they don't support Apple, only windows PC's. They didn't send out an ICA file or something.

On a Dutch forum, I was adviced to try Firefox or start Safari in 32bit mode, but that didn't work either.

When I try to open the desktop on the remote system it says something went wrong, but alas it doesn't mention what exactly went wrong. That makes it searching for a needle in a haystack.

cdte92
Nov 14, 2010, 02:13 PM
Sorry, when I said they sent out an ICA form, this isn't something they did before everything would work. It happens when you click on the link to connect to the remote desktop. Citrix issues an ICA file which is automatically picked up by the client (usually!). When you say you installed Dazzle did you install the full client or just the Dazzle part? If just Dazzle then you may want to install the full web client. Doing this just worked for me - the same as it did under windows

lexvo
Nov 14, 2010, 02:26 PM
Thanks again for your reply.

I installed the other version, but alas: this won't work either.

cdte92
Nov 15, 2010, 04:09 PM
just to make sure we are both set up the same way.

I installed file CitrixOnlinePlug-in_web11_2.dmg from www.citrix.com

When I open Safari and Pick Windows->installed plugins the first thing shown is the Citrix plug-in as shown below. Can you confirm you have installed the same file and see the following in Safari?

Citrix online plug-in
Simple plug-in that handles Citrix connection files — from file “CitrixICAClientPlugIn.plugin”.

MIME Type
application/x-ica

Description
Citrix Connection File

Extensions
ica,asp,jsp,xps,aspx

lexvo
Nov 18, 2010, 12:19 PM
just to make sure we are both set up the same way.

I installed file CitrixOnlinePlug-in_web11_2.dmg from www.citrix.com

When I open Safari and Pick Windows->installed plugins the first thing shown is the Citrix plug-in as shown below. Can you confirm you have installed the same file and see the following in Safari?

Citrix online plug-in
Simple plug-in that handles Citrix connection files — from file “CitrixICAClientPlugIn.plugin”.

MIME Type
application/x-ica

Description
Citrix Connection File

Extensions
ica,asp,jsp,xps,aspx

Yes I downloaded that file and Safari reports the plugin exactly as you describe it. I tried deinstalling and installing again, but that didn't help. I also tried Firefox (because that seems to work for a college of my wife), but no success either.