Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

csnplt

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 29, 2008
Chicago Area
Hi guys,

I've posted here before about Nightstand Central, my all-in-one alarm clock app, but I've never publicized Emoji Enabler Free.

As many of you probably know, iOS includes a built in Emoji keyboard, but it's only enabled on Japanese iPhones. Emoji Enabler Free unlocks this capability for every iPhone and iPod touch, no jailbreak necessary.

Anyway, I'm getting really tired of seeing very popular app devs charging users $1 for apps like mine that really only take a few hours to write (since Apple already took the time to build the Emoji keyboard, these apps just need to unlock it and then provide instructions as to how it can be enabled). These guys are making huge amounts of money for what amounts to very little work on their end.

That's why my app will always be free. I encourage you to check it out only in the hopes that you might want to try some of my other apps :) If you don't do so, that fine with me, as well.

Oh, and here are a few screenshots to give you a better idea of what Emoji characters are:

There are 460+ emoticons to choose from:
Emoji.png

You can type them anywhere (in text messages, emails, notes, online, etc.):
Step7.png

Just hit the World Icon to switch between the standard and Emoji keyboards:
Step8_OS4.png

Here's the App Store download link: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/emoji-enabler-free/id352645245?mt=8

Let me know how you like it!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.