PDA

View Full Version : Motley Fool proven wrong by Apple's earnings

MacBytes
Jan 13, 2005, 06:28 PM
Category: Opinion/Interviews
Link: Motley Fool proven wrong by Apple\'s earnings (http://www.macbytes.com/link.php?sid=20050113192840)
Posted on MacBytes.com (http://www.macbytes.com)

Approved by Mudbug

bousozoku
Jan 13, 2005, 06:43 PM
Wow! Hell must have frozen over. That's one critic more with good things to say.

bryanc
Jan 13, 2005, 06:49 PM
From the article:
let me be the first to say that I was way wrong about a few things.

Well Seth, you can't be the first, but I'll give you credit for admitting when you're wrong.

And double points for having a good sence of humor about it:

From the article:
Seth Jayson is heading to the store for some kerosene so he can torch his Windows machines and replace them all with Macs. When he's finished, he'll be picking up a black turtleneck, wire-rimmed specs, and a Volkswagen Beetle. He has also thrown away every non-iPod music device and painted himself and his dog bright white. But he has no position in any firm mentioned.

rjfiske
Jan 13, 2005, 07:05 PM
First Thurott (sp?) then this guy. Then my Dad last night (a devoted anti-Mac and life-long windows user) announced that he was getting a mini mac immediately to see "if it works as good as my iPod". Wow. Maybe eventually my Dad will get a black turtleneck and VW like this guy. Such a good time to be a Mac user.

mj_1903
Jan 13, 2005, 07:10 PM
I was very impressed with his backflip. Not many people in this day and age admit that they were wrong.

neonart
Jan 13, 2005, 10:29 PM
I like this guy's attitude. He was proven wrong and didn't throw a hissy-fit like that Bill Palmer guy who is fuming about being dead wrong about the Mac mini.

3Memos
Jan 13, 2005, 10:54 PM
I guess I can respect him more for being forthcoming.

Photorun
Jan 13, 2005, 11:48 PM
I still think this guy is a world-class asshat, minus the class. Tomorrow he'll be dissing Apple again.

whooleytoo
Jan 14, 2005, 06:39 AM
No, fair play to him for having the integrity to admit he was wrong, and with a sense of humour.

solvs
Jan 14, 2005, 10:47 PM
First Thurott (sp?) then this guy.
First Dvorak, then Thurott, then this guy. ;) Hell hath truly frozen over. Up next... Rob Enderle?

I like this guy's attitude. He was proven wrong and didn't throw a hissy-fit like that Bill Palmer guy who is fuming about being dead wrong about the Mac mini.
And Palmer is a Mac lover! The world has truly gone mad.

(What is Bill's problem though? I don't plan on buying a mini after closer inspection, but I already know a ton of people who will. It's intended audience will love it. This is no Cube.)