Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mechinyun

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
Hey guys, I just sent my Air back for replacement after noticing the bottom 1/4 of the screen has TINY Horizontal grey/white lines going across it. It's most noticeable with darker colors of course and really is pretty hard to spot, until you see it. Apple support said it was defective, no hassle for the exchange.

This is a different problem than the "flickering" issue that is widely know. These lines are persistent from the second you have something on the screen.

Once you get past the bottom 1/4 it became perfect.

I then went to the apple store, out of the 6 they had on display, 2 of them also had it to a certain degree. Check yours!

Definably shouldn't be like that!

aberrero

macrumors 6502a
Jan 12, 2010
Horizontal lines are a pretty common issue with laptop displays. The fact that my MBA doesn't have them makes it more pleasant to use than my old Dell and HP laptops.

I don't understand why all these issues haven't been addressed over the past 5 years. What have these manufacturers been doing? pretty much the only substantial change that has happened is LED backlighting and the end of dead pixels being an issue. But other than that, the panel quality hasn't improved at all.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.